Head of Financial Analytics IT
A Leading Technology Management Consultancy in the UAE
Job description / Role
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading Telco operator in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The role falls within a unit that is responsible for collecting and consolidating the associated costs of all proposed IT investments and projects within Strategic Financial Planning (SFP) for the technology and operations area and the financial implications of those IT investments in order to validate, report and assess efficiencies of technology investments with all financial benefits calculations, feeding into the planning and budgeting cycle. Moreover, the unit is tasked with ensuring that T&O sector costs and cost structures are optimized with minimum financial redundancies.
• Support on budget and 3-years strategical business plan coordination, consolidation and update yearly plans as a portfolio manager in the Technology and Operations departments in coordination with functional units and business finance departments.
• Review and challenge inputs from yearly budget and 3-year forecast plans.
• Collecting, validating and prioritizing forecasts for future budget needs.
• Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period (monthly, quarterly and year end).
• Support on spending improvements and coordinate with the IT Technology and Operations departments to generate efficiencies.
• Ensure alignment of strategic initiatives with Technology Strategy department.
• Lead Financial Analytics IT Team.
• Supervise development of guidelines for budget allocation process.
• Supervise development of templates, tools and system for budget process management.
• Assist in strategic initiatives and programs and projects by collecting and assessing budgets (incl. manpower) with IT Tech & Ops departments.
• Consolidate budgets of various strategic initiatives covered by IT Tech & Ops departments.
• Monitor capital, operating and manpower spending and track budget utilization.
• Identify efficiencies (savings) in collaboration with the IT Tech & Ops departments.
Facilitate the financial development of the IT budgets and present to senior management.
• Contribute to the development of an effective Strategic Finance and Planning function, enhancing overall performance through adherence to documented policies, procedures and processes and performance measuring and monitoring KPIs.
• 5 – 7 years of relevant managerial experience in IT software development organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or a business related field.
• MBA or Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or a business related field (preferred).
• Certificates such as CFA and CMA preferred.
• Experience in the telecommunications sector, especially with the IT operations.
• Experience in financial planning and budgeting roles.
• Expert knowledge of budgeting, systems and processes, preferably within the telecommunications sector.
• Experience in building, validating cost models and tools.
• Experience in Software Applications operations management and control processes.
• Advanced managerial skills to lead and develop the team.
• Advanced analytical abilities.
• Advanced skills in financial and business analysis and financial modeling.
• Knowledge of Telco business model, technology, products and services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic (would be a plus).
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.