Job description / Role
Head of Marketing - KSA
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success.
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of Marketing will lead the Marketing initiative across the country. The role requires a deep understanding of the activities that increase our KPI's on awareness, rides and revenues. It includes building a strategy with deep insights into what works and doesn't work for the Saudi market. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, team leadership and relationship management. Key responsibilities include:
- Build a country Brand&Comms plan that includes promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in the area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
- Develop the strategic vision and execute long-range plans based on in-depth understanding of market segmentation, market and technology trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning.
- Develop and implement strategic partnership engagement plans working in collaboration with the senior Brand&Comms team in HQ and other Brand&Comms colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships.
- Work with the Managing Director and Brand&Comms teams in the cities to create and maintain a consistent output of high-quality products to accelerate the growth and ability of the organization.
- Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, marketers, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the organization's KPIs.
- Help Brand&Comms managers and analysts solve difficult problems related to global ad serving, tracking, analytics, and attribution to ensure efficient Brand&Comms at scale.
- Manage branding strategy (taking current branding guidelines, websites, and practices to the next level of implementation in support of the strategy
- Identify a range of potential countrywide sponsoring partnerships and appropriate channels and venues for promotion.
- Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with countrywide partners, including co-created and/or cobranded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships.
- Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a go-to resource to other Brand&Comms team members.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and Brand&Comms.
- The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative, wowing customers and acting like an owner. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong strategic marketing planning knowledge.
- Previous leadership experience of managing a team of direct reports.
- Overseeing and direction relationships with agencies (clips, movies, PR, social media).
- Must be creative/innovate/hands-on with an affinity for details, aesthetics, communication & PR skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, writing skills.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong account management and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels.
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships, is an advantage.
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results.
- Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision.
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others.
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable.
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing.
- English and an additional language would be highly preferred
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits, and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.