Job description / Role
More than 50% of units sold Worldwide on Amazon are by now from Marketplace Selling Partners. Amazon is continuously innovating on behalf of these Selling Partners to make Customers happy. We are looking for the Saudi leader to shape this business further.
The candidate will work cross-functionally with finance, merchandising, vendor management, marketing, and technical teams on a wide variety of tasks and partner inside and outside the company to ensure all aspects of the new channel business are in place.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with passion for retail and the internet, with a high level of autonomy, flexibility, commitment, and a sense of humor. He or she will have proven analytical capability and project management skills and will be customer focused, extremely detail-oriented, meet targets and able to prioritize effectively on a multi-task and fast changing environment.
• Analyze opportunities, develop and implement strategies to grow the Marketplace business through new channels and programs;
• Define the drivers of success for these channels, including selection, quality, customer satisfaction, partner health, traffic and operational success;
• Be the business owner for these new channels and Selling Partner experience, working with teams across Amazon to drill down specific requirements for customer/Selling Partner experience, payments, tax, legal and product;
• Establish relationships with key partners for these channels to increase relevant selection, add value and convenience for our customers;
• Report and manage growth of new channels post launch, achieving growth and profitability targets, developing effective traffic and online marketing strategies, scaling up and reducing costs while increasing efficiency.
As Head of Marketplace you will collaborate with the local and WW leadership team in defining the strategy and product roadmap development and setting targets. You will deliver against Selling Partner Recruiting and Selection goals with your team, closely monitor operational performance, and escalate and course correct if needed. This requires tight management of external carriers and adhering to high standards on behalf of our customers and Selling Partners. You will further develop the programs by liaising with related teams across Amazon in particular Retail leadership, Transportation, and Delivery Experience and others, and use the feedback you and your teams generate in regular interactions with Selling Partners as the basis for this.
• Lead a team of Managers/Teamleads and their Account Managers who recruit Selling Partners into the Seller Prime program and successfully manage them through the launch phase against ambitious targets throughout the year;
• Understand program improvement opportunities and Selling Partner adoption blockers;
• Work with finance, operations and product teams to develop a full operational plan for the coming year and a longer term financial outlook;
• Audit, inspect, question and act based on a detailed set of performance metrics that inform you and your team about progress of the most critical input factors for the business;
• Drive and conduct business reviews with regional and global Senior Leadership and WW stakeholders on a regular basis;
• Segment the existing Selling Partner pool based in a data-driven manner to prioritize the activities of your teams and to match the approach to the specific Selling Partner segment;
• Continue to evolve marketing approach and content, training and education materials for both your team and Selling Partners;
• Involve yourself in WW 3-year planning for the program, crafting press releases for key growth initiatives and defining resource requirements.
• Master’s degree in business, math or related field; MBA from top business school considered a plus
• Excellent analytical skills and proven user experience in Excel, Data warehouse (ideally SQL)
• Proven experience in creating business reviews and lead cross-functional meetings/ conference calls on an international level with multiple stakeholders
• Proven skills in creating forecasts, budget planning, target setting, detailed reporting
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive.
• +15 years work experience in leading a business unit, major functional program, ideally with full P&L responsibility and commercial / business development focus
• +12 years people leadership experience, experience in hiring and developing a team and influencing throughout an international organization
• Fluency in Arabic.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.