Job description / Role
The Head of Operations will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of the firm's financials, operations and human resources.
Reporting to the CEO and working as a key member of the company's management team, the Head of Operations will take a leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing all of the firm's systems, processes, workflows, and procedures.
Our client is a financial services boutique investment firm based in Saudi. The company is operational across investment banking, private equity and asset management.
Achieve Business Performance
* Be accountable for the aggregate plan and delivery of systems, operations, properties & maintenance and the general operating model of the firm.
* Leverage the advantages of bringing together the operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working.
* Ensure strategic objectives shaped at Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
* Ensure that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from Executive Management level.
* Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
* Re-balance resources between different areas e.g. reallocating budgets, but within overall approved resources for the year.
* Contribute to the development of business unit strategy for the next 2-3 years by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
* Manage departmental budgets including signing off on invoices and quotes within mandate.
* Escalate out of budgets items to the CEO for approval.
* Sign off capital expenditure within budget. This includes approving purchase or sell decisions for desktop computers, laptops, departmental equipment etc.
* Analyze effectiveness of processes and systems in use in general for Firm and recommend corrective action or automation.
* Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive Management, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
* Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity
Driving Business Direction
* To be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting of business requirements and decision making process.
* Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, government, suppliers, etc. to ensure correct focus and direction for the firm at operations and technology level.
* Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
* Develop and facilitate planning across the COO environment.
* Accountable for driving the business model under the COO environment
* Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business under the COO
* Ensure that a proper infrastructure (building, systems and staff complement) is maintained and developed for the firm.
* Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on Executive Management to ensure the correct focus
* Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
* Lead, inspire and coach a team of high caliber professionals, creating succession to key roles and enhancing Firm management capability.
* Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions
* Ensure that managers create effective workforce plans and recruitment demands plans for their areas.
Competitive salary and challenging role
* Currently in an all-encompassing position that manages operations across business lines. Candidate can potentially come from an operations, human resources, finance, or related role.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills which will be heavily evaluated at the start of the process
* Exceptional leadership capabilities with a proven track record of being able to oversee and manage people and processes across multiple business lines.
* Due to visa-restrictions, this position is only considering GCC Nationals/Saudi Nationals OR Dubai-based candidates willing to travel to SA weekly, with the intent of relocating permanently to SA in 6 months
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent