Job description / Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for all operational activities including the recruitment, training, management and deployment of all operational personnel, the operational delivery of bus services, the management of the Operations Control Centre, the management of the Customer Contact Centre and liaison with all external stakeholders impacting upon the company's operational activities.
• Responsible for all day to day service operational activity, recruitment of operational personnel and training of operational personnel
• Responsible for all service operating procedures and the Operations Control Centre.
• To liaise as necessary with RCRC and AT Kearney on all operational issues associated with the Company's Operating Contract with RCRC
• Responsible for all on street operational control and supervision
• To maintain consistently high levels of staff motivation and engagement
• To contribute to the creation of appropriate training and career development programmes for all operational employees
• To proactively increase the level of native Saudi employees in operational roles
• To oversee the development and implementation of health, safety and environmental policies in respect of operational activities
• To produce an annual budget for all operational activities
• To deliver high quality, safe and reliable operational standards in line with that budget
• To ensure that all operational activity meets the necessary legal and contractual requirements
• To liaise constructively and proactively with the Head of Engineering to ensure the delivery of a high quality, reliable local bus service in Riyadh
• To consistently and actively seek to improve standards of quality, performance and efficiency across all operational aspects of the business
• To contribute, as a member of the PTC Senior Management Team, to the overall profitability, performance and development of PTC.
Direct reports to this position will include:
• Depot Operations Managers
• Field Service Delivery Manager
• Training and Development Manager
• Operations Control Centre Manager
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• At least 5 years experience of managing operational bus depots, most recently with an operational staff of 350 +
• At least 2 years experience of managing a multi depot operation with an operational staff of 1,000 +
• Held responsibility for industrial relations
• Held responsibility for recruitment, training and development of operations staff
• Held responsibility for Health and Safety within an operational environment
• Held responsibility for stakeholder engagement
• Has experience of budgeting and financial control
• Excellent English language and communication skills, strong people and interpersonal skills, robust report writer, good planning and management skills, problem solver and strong negotiator, numerate, financially aware and self motivated.
• Leader, team builder, takes responsibility, pragmatic, positive, resilient, energetic and ambitious
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.