Job description / Role
The Head of Development will be responsible for assisting the CEO with creating a new real estate and management company providing strategic leadership of the master plan design, financial feasibility, product development/pricing and launching the project for all commercial, residential, and hospitality assets.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Reporting to the CEO, manages and oversees all aspects of real estate development and planning, and real estate finance including PPP’s for the relevant region.
• In conjunction with the Urban Development team and Sector leads define the regional master plan and agree the infrastructure assets to be held in the region.
• Oversees Capital Projects in the relevant region’s real estate portfolio and represents the region in evaluation of Public/Private Partnerships; foreign direct investment
• Interacts with investors, financial institutions, government officials, and development partners.
• In partnership with Group executives, creates an environment of collaboration to support regional approaches to program planning and decision making.
• Tasked with building a team to encompass the full real estate development cycle of master planning, asset development, leasing, sales and facilities management.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• In-depth knowledge of real estate development practices and economic development and planning policy.
• Understanding of property and facility management, construction and design issues, and urban planning.
• Knowledge of regulatory and permitting issues surrounding real estate development.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to interpret regulations, develop processes, and have a high attention to detail.
• High level analytical skills, excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Actively supports and aligns work with the Group’s current strategic imperatives
• Provides sound financial stewardship of the organization’s assets and controls expenses whenever possible
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to lead a team with diverse levels of expertise and focus
• Superior management skills, ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
• Passion for overall Project’s mission
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with a broad range of audiences including board members, staff, government officials, business and industry partners, as well as individual customers and prospects
• Adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands
• Initiates procedures, guidelines and programs; prioritizes and develops realistic action plans
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate, public policy, urban planning, finance or law. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in relevant field (real estate finance and/or development, public policy, urban planning, City or State agency with focus on economic development and real estate).
• Minimum 8 years of executive management experience.
About the Company
Established in 1997 in Hong Kong, ConnectedGroup is a regional executive recruitment and search consultancy with broad coverage across a full range of functional and industry specialisms, each serviced by dedicated teams. Our strategy is to continue to develop our offering as a ‘big boutique’ where we combine high levels of engagement and accountability with a comprehensive scope of delivery capability.
Our core services include; Retained Executive Search, Exclusive Contingent Search and Contingent Recruitment services for mid to senior permanent positions as well as Contract Staff and Interim Management services. We also engage with clients to deliver specialised and tailored projects such as volume recruitment and market mapping exercises.
Our mission is "to be remembered for exceeding expectations" which drives us to deliver outstanding levels of service and exceptional outcomes for clients and candidates, as well as meaningful careers for our team. We recruit and measure our employees against the values of being Candid, Creative and Connected which drives our open and transparent culture whilst encouraging new ideas and focuses us on internal communications that leverage greater benefits for our clients. At ConnectedGroup words such as 'respect', 'integrity' and 'professionalism' are not aspirational, they are prerequisite behaviours and are expected in all aspects of our work.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||5 Dec|
Rider Levett Bucknall
Head of Real Estate Development and Investments - Saudi National
The Kanoo Group