Job description / Role
This role will oversee financial, commercial performance and operational efficiency and success of the organisation's project portfolio.
Full autonomy in the management of Project Directors and Managers as well as clients and external stakeholders involved in the projects.
Our client is a well-established main contractor based in Riyadh and specialise in high-profile civil structure and infrastructure projects.
* Responsible for the selection, management and retention of Project Directors/Project Managers
* Ensure compliance with Code of Ethics policy and adopting company values across all project's employees
* Manage and conduct the affairs of the projects with the highest standards of respect, integrity, accountability, agility, quality, safety and corporate governance
* Lead the day-to-day running of the project's operations under his responsibility in accordance with project execution plans within the company's policies and procedures and meeting the approved schedule and budgets
* Participate in Tender Committee
* Establish robust criteria for project control and management of the project's portfolio under his responsibility
* Responsible for the Project Directors and Manager's performance according to delegated responsibilities
* Responsible for the operational efficiency and productivity of projects
* Ensure project is executed within budget, on schedule and achieves optimal client satisfaction with respect to quality
* Conduct projects and portfolio execution in accordance to the practices and procedures adopted by the company
* Ensure Executive Management team are aware of any forthcoming complex, contentious or sensitive issues affecting any project
* Ensure effective communication with support functional heads via regular meetings to review key developments, issues and/or concerns
* Ensure risks are identified and direct corrective measures are implemented and begin followed up; intervene as required
* Responsible for the delivery and close out of projects in accordance to the contractual arrangements and the financial outcome based on agreed financial and commercial objectives
* Assist Project Directors/Managers in problem resolution with consultants and clients
* Ensure regular update of construction schedules with identified risks, workaround plans, mitigation and recovery plans/schedules and are updated at all times and circulated to concerned and support functions and Management for immediate support
* Proactively liaise with clients and external stakeholders to resolve issues early and safeguard the interests of the company
* Ensure high satisfaction and a constructive relationship with clients
* Monitor and control Billings & Accounts and ensure progress payments are received on time in order to maximise project's cash flow and cost position
* Accountable for P&L of project portfolio
* Competitive salary
* 20+ years of construction experience, with a 10+ years in Operational Management
* Graduate in relevant discipline such as engineering, architecture, construction management
* Post-graduate qualification in project management, construction management or MBA is a major advantage
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.