Job description / Role
The Head of Structural Department will be responsible to lead a Structural Engineering and Design Review team for project construction.
As part of the senior management team, the incumbent holds the responsibility to liaise and coordinate with the Technical Office Manager and the rest of the senior management team/peers with all matters related to structural engineering operational issues required for the success of the program in accordance with the client expectations.
• Review and coordination of structural engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as assisting with following up site supervision when required, design conflicts and variation orders for the client
• Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
• Lead, by example, the team of Structural Engineers by delegating work according to project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
• Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
• Attend progress meetings when required, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
• Take part in project and risk management reviews.
• Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
• Assist the Technical Office Manager on Technical and Department issues.
• Review and approve the shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
• Review Contractor's material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Technical Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
• Review Contractor's proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the structural engineering packages.
• Support review of subcontractors' invoices, when required for technical assistance.
• Documenting project issues/conditions.
• Monitoring, coaching and developing Structural Engineering team members.
• Maintaining organized and detailed project records
Person Specification - Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
• A Degree from an internationally recognized University in Structural Engineering.
• A minimum of 15 years' experience within structural engineering field and supervision on execution of similar projects.
• The capability to deal daily with a multi-cultural work force.
• Native Arabic speaker candidates will be preferred for this position
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.