Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
The main purpose of this role is to ensure implementation of Health and Safety legal, firm, and global standards at the office. The role is taken as part of the nominated employee's work role, and will account for a percentage of her/his total time provided in that role.
- To lead implementation of the management system for health and safety, and provide feedback through employees and management to ensure the health and safety management system is in line with the office and network objectives
- Ensure legal requirements in the country are implemented and provide feedback of compliance to the Business Resilience and OGC functions on periodical basis to ensure continuous compliance with the country's legal requirements
- Lead and plan the process office inspections and audits to ensure the office is equipped to respond to emergencies, then report on the inspection outcomes to the head of the department and the related office personnel
- Contribute to the wider HSE objectives where needed, such as participation in projects, or studies in the office that will improve health and safety status at the workplace
- Participate in the implementation of health and safety projects that are carried out in the firm, including other offices where required.
- Lead the process of incident investigations and the tracking, reporting, and analyzing incidents including near misses at the office
- Communicate with stakeholders in the office to ensure that health and safety awareness is maintained and improved
- Acts as a technical reference within the office for health and safety issues, and responsible for providing necessary support and technical advice to ensure smooth activities and achievement of targets at each company
- The job holder must demonstrate strong leadership skills to ensure consistent delivery of health and safety practices in the office / country.
Training of non-qualified personnel:
- Accredited as a health and safety expert by the authorities in Saudi Arabia
- To work closely with other colleagues of the BR management team with the aim of knowledge sharing, and succession
- Other resources or assets (e.g. contracts, service level agreements)
- Monitor supplier agreements and contracts in line with procurement requirements
- Environment Health and safety is a Network requirement which impacts the business as a whole. Failure to ensure the firm's compliance and best practice in this area could result in prosecution, claims against the firm, increased insurance premium costs and reputational damage, which could lead to loss of business, as well as increase the risk to the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors to our offices.
- The role nominee needs to have professional understanding of health and safety requirements, s/he will need to be authorized to take action on ground and implement changes in the office.
- The nominee needs to have good communication skills with office partners and staff, and be able to negotiate well implementation requirements.
- A broad understanding of PwC and its functions. It is also important to understand the differences in the LoS and understand their roles and tasks in order to ensure the right advice is given that do not impede the function of the business. A solid understanding of the different functions of I&P and how they interact with each other and H&S as well as understanding the wider functions of Operations and how they interact with each other and with the different LoS.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.