Job description / Role
The site Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Officer will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Site WHS Officer will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Site WHS Officer must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will guide Operations Leaders in Amazon WHS policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at the site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. The Site WHS officer will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
The Site WHS officer will be a part of site WHS team and reports to the WHS manager. This role is rotational day and night shift, and weekly off days are variable throughout the week depending on the rotation with the rest of the team. Candidate must be Saudi National.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead site risk assessment for current and new activities.
- Lead implementation of site specific WHS standards and guidelines.
- Lead implementation of site WHS objective and programs.
- Promote safe culture among employees by providing daily WHS content to shift briefing.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site.
- Work with Operations team to implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Attending to incidents and occupational injuries cases on site.
- Guide and assist area managers on incident investigations, Gensuite write up and communication of lesson learned.
- Assisting Ops team in Gensuite follow up sheet and CAPA creation.
- Audit record-keeping practices and ensure Gensuite entries to be aligned with global EHS standards and local regulations.
- Ensure the PPE inventory at site and coordinate with procurement for order placement.
- Managing Key Safety Requirement (KSR) Audit weekly assignment, monitoring and support.
- Ensure basic Fire Fighting training and first aid training completion. requirements.
- Daily Powered Industrial Tool and Trailer Dock Release inspection and communications.
- Daily Action Tracking System monitoring and support.
- Participate in site management safety walk, provide insight into unsafe acts and conditions to management.
- Provide daily update to site WHS Manager on objectives progress, incidents, KSR, ATS, network actions, etc).
- Preparation of WHS committee meeting agenda, MOM write up, ATS creation.
- Daily Permit to Work review and sign off.
- Lead on WHS related procurement and follow up.
- Preparing emergency response plans.
- Managing and conducting emergency drills.
- Managing preparation and training of emergency drills, prepare records.
- Heat Index establishment, monitoring and support.
- Provide support to site specific requests, unplanned events and activities.
- Conduct daily and weekly WHS audits, such as hazwaste room inspection, spill kit inspection, first aid room, etc.
- Growing responsibilities in WHS (Work, Health and Safety) position within manufacturing, production, or warehouses operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, or Bachelor in Science/Engineering degree combined with accredited OSH diploma.
- Tech or Grad IOSH
- Must have availability to work shifts (day/night)
- Speaking multi languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.