Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Highway Design Engineer for a major Highways project in Saudi Arabia.
A typical week would include:
• Lead the delivery of large road and highway infrastructure projects while providing specialist technical expertise during design and construction phases.
• Manage key client relationships in the public & private sector, as well as other internal Business Units.
• Build effective teams and provide support to staff assigned to the project.
• Develop of construction plans including typical sections, horizontal and vertical geometrics, earthwork grading and quantities.
• Develop traffic plans including maintenance and protection of traffic, signing and pavement marking and traffic signals
• Manage engineering design tasks for roadway and site civil projects from conceptual design to final design.
• Develop specifications, cost estimates, final bid packages
• Review and recommend modifications, amendments and enhancements to existing design standards, procedures and specifications.
• Prepare baseline assessments to initiate project handover to Consultant/contractors.
• Perform design reviews and supporting documents to assess adequacy and conformance to project scope, budget, schedule, specifications and applicable design standards.
• Assist with evaluation of change orders, construction issues and stakeholder coordination.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University
• Minimum 15 years of experience in large-scale projects.
• Experience in using design software like Micro station, In Roads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D
• Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, design and or layout criteria pertinent to the discipline.
• Leadership skill
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill (Arabic an advantage)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.