Job description / Role
Hire Desk Controller - Riyadh
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The main purpose of this role is to support the management team and depot performance by helping to convert internal sales enquiries into orders, and providing effective customer service and general administration.
The Hire Desk Controller will be based in our depot in Riyadh and will be the main point of contact for customers who are seeking to hire our equipment in the region.
The role holder will deal with incoming calls from customers in a timely, efficient and effective manner. This will be done by providing quotations, liaising with the internal departments to ensure equipment is available, processing orders, coordinating deliveries and collections as well as managing any associated sales administration.
This role is best suited for individuals who are passionate about delivering great customer service and someone who thrives within a sales and service environment.
Hire Desk and Internal Sales
- Actively manage and retain an active customer base within an agreed percentage
- Work with closely with the field sales team and keeping them informed of any developments relevant to their accounts
- Build strong relationships with colleagues in other depots to enable and accept passing of remote hire orders
- Conduct post-sales follow up customer calls customer to increase renewal sales rates and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Help the team to actively promote Rapid Access’ products and service offerings to customers and prospective customers
- Building strong long-term and productive relationships with customers by providing excellent customer experiences through quick and efficient investigations and resolving of all customers queries to ensure the delivery of our service promise
- Feedback on customer and market information to colleagues in sales
- Ensure correct communication towards team members in terms of daily team work, sharing information, sharing workload, adjusting schedules and holidays with the relevant back up persons
- Ensure customers are made aware of order, stock and delivery status
- Schedule the drivers, organise and prioritise the daily dispatch of machinery, taking into current availability and returning hires
- Manage and resolve any potential mid-hire events such as machine breakdown, exchange of a machine, extension of the hire. Updating customers and maintaining relations as necessary
- Support the Field Sales Team with sales order quotations
- Set up and open new accounts, maintains records on the ERP system and performs related order processing tasks
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Engineers regarding general queries
- Provides administrative support for the Service Manager and the wider Engineering team
- Manage and organise Engineering documents, files and other records on the internal company software system
- Verify and track Engineering Division invoices using the internal software system
- Maintain the Engineering Department job schedule on a daily basis in conjunction with the Service Manager
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced, customer service related role
- Ability to deliver an excellent customer experience (in person and over the phone)
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of preparing draft financial reports in Excel
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience in a hire desk or similar role
- Experience within a hire, heavy equipment or plant environment
- Clean current driving licence for the occasional requirement to visit a customer
- Fluent in Arabic (verbal and written)
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe’s largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP’s (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy ’’Your success is ours’’.