Job description / Role
- Maintain a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image.
- Opens the door for each guest, when possible.
- Smile and greet guests upon entering.
- Suggest soup and specials of the day.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the wait list, as well as the call ahead list.
- Escorts guests as soon as possible to appropriate table.
- Runs food to tables.
- Notifies manager of any guest that is perceived to be unhappy.
- Bids farewell to guests leaving. Ensures everything was satisfactory and invites guests to return.
- Reviews the cleanliness and organization of the Host station: Ensures all menus are stocked and properly cleaned and maintained.
- Checks for restocking of necessary supplies.
- Brings all areas up to standard. Discusses problem areas with manager.
- Keeps foyer, host area, wait area and cocktail tables clean and free of clutter.
- Inspects restrooms every fifteen minutes and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Answers telephone within 3 rings and transfers or answers questions accordingly.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Displays a favorable image of Chili's Grill & Bar at all times.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- To execute any other assignments, functions, tasks within the restaurant assigned by the direct supervisor/manager
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Physically fit and can do the following activities:
- Stands/walks during 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops and wipes frequently.
- Ability to verbalize clearly and respond to Guests.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. several times per shift when business needs dictate
About the Company
Arabian Food Supplies is a family owned Saudi enterprise involved in operating and managing a range of products and services as diverse as food stuff, personal care products, household goods, contract catering, retail business, casual dining and restaurants.
The company was established in 1963, and is part of the Naghi Group of Companies, one of the biggest and leading companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Arabian Food Supplies is the sole distributor in the Kingdom of Mars Company products like chocolates, pet foods, bird feeds, ice cream and Uncle Ben's rice, pasta, and sauces as well as other popular brand names.
Apart from distribution, the company also holds the franchise for CHILIS, and is the franchise owner of FUDDRUCKERS in Europe, Middle East and Africa, both of which are American-style casual dining restaurants.
Our catering arm is one of the Kingdom's leading contract caterers. Our clientele includes Saudi ARAMCO, one of the world's biggest oil companies. As an adjunct of our Catering business, the company also operates a large number of market retail shops inside residential complexes offering a wide range of goods and services associated with major high streets establishments.