Job description / Role
Information Technology Specialist
Leadership received from (directly):
Director of Information Technology
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Responsible for the day to day handling of the department including all daily checks.
- Assist employees and hotel guest to resolve IT related issues.
- Assist the Director of IT in weekly and monthly checks, month end reporting and yearly budget planning.
- Up to date knowledge of Information & Technology field, networking, communication systems related to Hotel systems.
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's policies & procedures relating to Data security
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's policies & procedures relating to fire, safety and health.
- Highly organised and capable of managing several tasks at one time.
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and forward planner.
- Works flexible hours and possibly remotely to resolve any urgent departmental of guest IT issue's.
- Maintain courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues and guests.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Thinks ahead by analysing recurring IT issue's and pro-actively suggests solutions
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
- Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained therein.
- Handle all queries from internal & external customers.
- Ensure highest guest satisfaction, handle guest queries as priority one.
- Liaise with Director and Company Auditors.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- Communicate status, risks and opportunities to Director of Information Technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for providing uninterrupted service of operating system.
- Provide training to end user about hardware handling and safe working environment.
- Ensure users in the hotel have access to programs that is required to perform the job only.
- Install software in accordance with software licensing laws.
- Provide education to end users for better use of Information & Technology Systems in the property.
- Supervises and/or performs the back-up procedures of the software and ensures that total backups are performed at regular intervals and are kept in a secure place to ensure uninterrupted service all the time.
- Monitors and adjusts file sizes and file activities and analyses problems before they influence the operation.
- Scans all storage material regularly for viruses, ensure virus detection software is active all the time.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.