Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Be an ambassador of the brand and the property as Hotel Manager, where your leadership, strong interpersonal skills and strategic vision will drive an engaged team, guest satisfaction and maximized operating results. You will bring your strong commercial and business acumen, and tenacity to drive the top line to exceed targets, and to position the property in the premium- lifestyle marketplace.
Swissôtel Makkah Description
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait Complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haram, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
- The main responsibilities of the Hotel Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the cost effective and efficient operation of the hotel in order to maximize guest satisfaction, employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environment commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities, thus ensuring our shareholders receive their return on investment.
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
- Hotel Manager needs to ensure compliance with the hotel's Annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate.
- With the respective EC members play a lead role in the management of Rooms and Food & Beverage initiatives.
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure labor forecasts are completed to company standard and in line with revenue and service expectations.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of capital projects.
- Responsible for guest relations and for handling guest response alerts within the require time lines.
- Coordinate bi-weekly leadership and weekly divisional meetings.
- Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets.
- Create, update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel's business continuity plan as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Plan and coordinate events for various celebrations throughout the year, such as, but not limited to, holiday celebrations, cultural festivals (i.e. Eid Al Adha, Eid Al Fitr and National Days)
- Hotel Manager will direct and oversee the performance of the Director of Rooms, Director of F&B, Director of Engineering and Security Manager. This includes preparing and conducting the annual LEAD review.
- Co-Chair the Hotel's Environmental Committee.
- Oversees all outside partnership relationships connected with services to the guest or colleagues
- Function as a key member of the hotel Executive Committee and leadership team.
- +5 years' experience in a leadership role, within the premium/lifestyle brand segment.
- Extensive hotel operations experience required.
- Residential Experience and Middle East experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls.
- University/College degree in a related discipline (preferably).
- Strong verbal and written English is required (Arabic is a plus).
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while innovating guest oriented solutions creatively and profitably.
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Resort Assistant Manager (Duty Manager)
Fairmont Gold Manager