Job description / Role
Be an ambassador of the brand and the property as Hotel Manager, where your leadership, strong interpersonal skills and strategic vision will drive an engaged team, guest satisfaction and maximized operating results. You will bring your strong commercial and business acumen, and tenacity to drive the top line to exceed targets, and to position the property in the premium- lifestyle marketplace.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
The main responsibilities of the Hotel Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the cost effective and efficient operation of the hotel in order to maximize guest satisfaction, employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environment commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities, thus ensuring our shareholders receive their return on investment.
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
- Hotel Manager needs to ensure compliance with the hotel's Annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate.
- With the respective EC members play a lead role in the management of Rooms and Food & Beverage initiatives.
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure labor forecasts are completed to company standard and in line with revenue and service expectations.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of capital projects.
- Responsible for guest relations and for handling guest response alerts within the require time lines.
- Coordinate bi-weekly leadership and weekly divisional meetings.
- Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets.
- Create, update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel's business continuity plan as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Plan and coordinate events for various celebrations throughout the year, such as, but not limited to, holiday celebrations, cultural festivals (i.e. Eid Al Adha, Eid Al Fitr and National Days).
- Hotel Manager will direct and oversee the performance of the Director of Rooms, Director of F&B, Spa Director, Director of Engineering and Security Manager. This includes preparing and conducting the annual LEAD review.
- Co-Chair the Hotel's Environmental Committee.
- Oversees all outside partnership relationships connected with services to the guest or colleagues.
- Function as a key member of the hotel Executive Committee and leadership team.
- +5 years' experience in a leadership role, within the premium/lifestyle brand segment.
- Residential Experience and Middle East experience is a plus.
- Proven record to coordinate multiple departments to make gains towards targeted GSI, GOP, CES results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and guest handling skills.
- Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while innovating guest oriented solutions creatively and profitably.
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- University/College degree in a related discipline (preferably).
- Strong verbal and written English is required (Arabic is a plus).
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Hotel General Manager
Boudl Hotels & Resorts
|Saudi Arabia||21 Jun|
Director of Operations
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
Director of Residences