Job description / Role
Every dreamt of a career at Banyan Tree where everything is everything spick and span. Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, you will maintain to the required standard of all linen, uniforms and fabrics used in the hotel by staff.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Repairing of all flat work i.e. bed linen, bathrobes, towels and bath mats used in accommodation.
- Repairing of all table linen, kitchen linen, curtain headings and hems
- Repairing, altering and sewing on buttons off all uniforms used in the hotel
- Minor repair work and alteration of guest items upon request
- Assists the uniform staff with checking, sorting and distributing uniforms
- Maintains and keeps all machines and work area clean and in good repair
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Checking machines at regular intervals
Your experience and skills include:
- You've had experience of the housekeeping sector, and you're passionate about order and cleanliness
- You can accompany your colleagues, and you enjoy having contact with our guests
- You're a whizz-kid at organisation, and your communicative way of working speaks for itself
- You're not just bringing your abilities, but also your character
- Paying close attention to detail, you'll make sure our furnishings are always where the designer placed them.
- You'll always keep the overall picture in view and pursue every speck of dust with the eyes of a hawk, even when all the rooms need to be cleaned at the same time.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar capacity in the hospitality industry
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
Your team and working environment:
- Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience.
Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla's nature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.