Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Swissotel Hotels & Resorts is important, your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager will inspire your team - not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Accor Hotels including Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah.
Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah Description :
Swissôtel Al Maqam is Swissôtel's Second hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture. As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Al Maqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor all the daily operations of the housekeeping department, including the cleanliness of all guest rooms and public areas daily.
- Lead, hire, and train hotel housekeeping colleagues to adhere to our high standards of cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the housekeeping department budget, take inventory, and ensure there is a stock of adequate cleaning supplies.
- Document areas cleaned by room attendants and report any issues such as room damage or maintenance requests to the front office.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is in proper working condition and make arrangements for repairs as needed.
- Checking for faults or damage and arranging repairs and routine maintenance work.
- Managing budgets and controlling costs.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas.
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence.
- Service focused personality is essential; customer related experience an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Must be physically capable of meeting the very physical demands of the position.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.