Job description / Role
Housekeeping Supervisor- Sofitel Shahd Almadina
Housekeeping is the heart of the hotel! As a HK Supervisor, you will demonstrate the essence of creating an exceptional guest journey. You are committed to taking care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure. In addition, you will play an important part in creating memorable experiences for our guests and colleagues.
What is in it for you?
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed with friendly and engaging service
- Assist the housekeeping department in the daily checking of bedrooms and designed staff areas to maintain standards
- Clean guest rooms, public areas and Heart of house areas as and if required.
- Ensure the safe storage, issue and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as specified by the manufacturers and procedures manual.
- Assist in the Co-ordination of the department where necessary.
- Be competent in the running of the hire and clean laundry operation and ensure the cost effective use of linen and assist with inventories as requested by the Housekeeper.
- Ensure the correct handling of guest laundry and lost property
- Liaise with Front Office and Maintenance regarding "ready" rooms ensuring guest requirements are met.
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, tracking and notifying proper areas to guarantee memorable moments for our guests
Experience and skills include:
- 2-4 years in Housekeeping supervision or related area, Luxury segment experience is an asset
- Service focused personality is essential
- Proven ability of leading, motivating and praising large diverse teams
- Computer literate, prior experience working with Opera, Message Box or related systems.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities and to lead by example
- Be physically fit and is able to be active during the entire shift
- Displays a high level of positive energy in all interactions
- Is a team player that contributes to and proactively assists co-workers.
- Is very well organized and has an excellent time management.
- Can handle staff conflicts and guest complaints
- Ability to work a flexible roster depending on departmental needs
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
Sofitel Shahd Al-madinah boasts a landmark location in the center of Madinah, a short walk from the northern entrance of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in Madinah, two- and three-bedroom suites, Three dining outlets, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a fitness center with a gym, stand out as a beacon of modern luxury and French savoir-faire, blending the brand's unique sense of joie de vivre with the very best of the local.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.