Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP EMEA is currently looking to recruit a senior technical software presales professional to join our team as a Technical Presales Expert on our Cloud Solutions with a special focus on Cloud Human Capital Management Solutions.
The Technical Presales Expert (TPE) is a lead technical business partner of HR LoB sales leaders and presales consultants. The TPE supports SAP's business and revenue goals by providing high quality business and technical presentations and demonstrations for our HCM solutions, both cloud and onprem. The TPE will also work closely with the SAP's operations, infrastructure, security and alliance teams to drive the creation and maintenance of field related material to be used in the sales process that is leveraging the competitive edge of SAP technology as a differentiator in the market. It is essential for the TPE to possess a breadth and depth of knowledge in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS technologies, in particular around our HCM solutions and the respective integration platforms. She/He is a cloud believer and must be able to convince customers about the value of their cloud strategy. In that capacity, the TPE serves as a customer-facing senior specialist in solution integration architectures and extensibility, operations architecture and all data security and privacy related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and communicating the capabilities and USP of SAP's HCM solutions in 3 key topics: Security/ Data Privacy/Workers Council, Integration Architecture and Extensibility, as well as Data Center Operations (performance and support aspects of the SAP cloud solutions).
- Presenting and explaining the technical architecture of the SAP HCM cloud solutions.
- Work with sales managers and solution expert's to establish specific account plans and deal strategies around those three technology areas.
- Provide primary support to the field for technology, security and data integration presentations/discussions via remote and onsite sessions.
- Create and deliver technical presentations and assist other SC's in technical due diligence.
- Work with the RFP team on technology/security requirements and respond/review to the technical sections of RFI/RFPs as necessary.
- Work with the Operations, Data Center and Security teams to keep knowledge and material current for the field.
- Document, maintain and communicate technology related sales collateral.
- Coach/Mentor/Train new Solutions Experts as part of their on-boarding process.
- Responsible for transferring knowledge of technology related topics to the SC team.
- Take the initiative to improve processes, document best practices and drive collaboration among the global Solutions Expert community.
- Willingness to travel frequently is mandatory in this Regional role
Skills and Experience:
- Must have a deep understanding of the following:
- Middleware (e.g. MDF, HCP/HCI, Dell Boomi)
- B2B Integration
- Extensibility of cloud solutions
- Integration of HCM cloud solutions with onprem ERP and S4HANA
- Object Oriented Design
- Security Background: encryption technologies, network architecture, LDAP, SAML
- ISO 27000 security standards
- Data Center Management Standards
- High volume High Availability Infrastructure Management
- Proven technical attitude and comfort discussing web based applications and the SaaS model, infrastructure, architecture, integration, and security concepts as well as application of these technologies in the enterprise environment to C-Level and technical team members.
- Sound knowledge of information security and data privacy requirements, technical aspects and relevant legislation.
- Experience in DPPO and WoC interactions regarding security and privacy topics during the deployment of new IT systems.
- Solid sales presentation skills for C-Level presentations as well as technical project staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise product briefings.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Keen decision making skills, with the ability to think creatively and on your feet.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.