Job description / Role
Work Area: Human Resources
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are looking for a charismatic leader with business experience preferably in the Technology & IT sector to take on the role of HR Director for the Middle East North Cluster. In this role you will be the strategic HR Business Partner and trusted advisor of the Senior Vice President and Managing Director Middle East North and his management team. You will also be the HR representative of SAP within the Middle East North countries including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq & Pakistan
In this role, you will be a member of the EMEA South HR BP team and report to the Head of HR EMEA South. You will also be part of the global HR framework and our HR Director Network. In addition to the focus on Middle East North, we expect a highly networked leadership personality with the vision to work within our matrixed international organization.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In the role of HR Director, you will be responsible for the following
- Leads the development of HR Strategies for Middle East North by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information & analysis, and ultimately, providing recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction, establishing human resources objectives that are in line with organizational objectives.
- Supporting the Senior Vice President and Managing Director for Middle East North in addition to Senior Management Team (cross Line of Business) in the co-creation and execution of the regional strategy for all human capital initiatives.
- Leading strategic HR initiatives including Leadership Development, Employee Experience, Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, Rewards, Employee Engagement, Employer Branding etc.
- Interface to global HR services, policy, and program owners, ensuring coverage of the business needs of SAP Middle East North
- Driver and Custodian of organizational culture by balancing SAP culture with local culture
- Support coordination of other HR functions in Middle East North
- HR representative for the Middle East North Countries, responsible for legal and compliance matters and ensuring adherence to local legal and regulatory policies
- Represent SAP in front of customers and speaking at conferences and internal/external events
- Be the statutory interface with labor related authorities in Saudi Arabia
- Partner with the senior management team and with the Regional HRBP Leads and with Board Area HRBP Leads, as appropriate.
- Translate global HR services, policy, and/or program into local business solutions and orchestrate local HR activities.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong business background, preferably in IT or technology sector
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's Degree preferred
- Business fluent English, Arabic
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and coach a team
- Strong proven client focus and orientation
- Proven experience to work and negotiate with business leaders
- High level of consulting, coaching and counselling skills
- Hands-on attitude with strong execution and results-driven focus
- Willingness to look for pragmatic high-quality solutions and work on their execution in a dynamic working environment ("can-do-mentality")
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Consulting and diplomatic skills
- Ability to work in a virtual matrix environment
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to act and work successfully in an international environment
- 8-10 years' overall professional experience, with at least 3 years in a senior HR position
- Experience in the HR function would be an advantage not a must
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Swisslinx Middle East
HR Manager (Head of Department)
Big Fish Recruitment
HR and Recruitment Manager - Leading Group
British Company with an Expanding Office in Dubai
Human Resources Director