Job description / Role
Our client, a manufacturing company in Saudi Arabia, is urgently looking for a HR Director – Saudi National. In this role, you will work in partnership with the business to provide specialist support for key internal clients across multiple sites. You will be part of the company’s Corporate team. Your knowledge of manufacturing / engineering together with your ability to develop effective working relationships, influence and coach the senior management team will act as a strong foundation in this role to be able to deliver best practice and share responsibility for the goals and targets delivery. You will identify and prepare plans for key employees and high potential employees, rotating best talents across different functions in the business. As the HR Director, you will equip key stakeholders with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management and provide project management support and HR expertise to the business with specific related projects. By providing both transformational advice and transactional support you will improve cost and efficiency, clarify accountabilities and empower delivery of great customer service.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Manage, coach and mentor the Joint Venture HR Team
• Use professional insight to identify people related opportunities, priorities and potential risks with managers; provide meaningful people related KPI’s (or metrics) to managers;
• Proactively work in partnership with managers to ensure that the business is professionally resourced with the correct numbers, quality, competencies and types of workers needed to achieve current and future business objectives;
• Train, coach and guide managers in the development of working practices, working environment and culture which enables and encourages workers to use their discretionary effort and passion to benefit the business;
• Manage the roll out and follow up of regular employee engagement initiatives for own area of the business;
• Assist managers in effectively identifying and developing talent, motivating and encouraging high performers, medium performers and where appropriate, removing poor performers;
• Plan, develop and facilitate required training activities (internally as well as externally), and perform evaluation (cost/benefit)
• Where appropriate, work in conjunction with OD to engage with managers to conduct a detailed training and learning needs analysis with their area in the short, medium and long term;
• Give accurate and appropriate advice (seeking appropriate specialist advice where necessary), training and support to managers to resolve HR issues such as grievances and disciplines (where appropriate take the lead in investigating and resolving HR issues in accordance with company policy);
• Monitor absenteeism and in conjunction with managers take pro-active action to ensure absence levels remain within company standards. Take required actions to prevent absenteeism;
• Where appropriate, work with OD to support a change ready culture by anticipating barriers and obstacles to change and working to remove them; take the lead in planning and implementing simple OD interventions and change programmes to assist managers in achieving their business goals;
• Train, support and coach managers in adopting effective exit processes (e.g. redundancy) emphasizing legal parameters and the requirement to work within them and the stated values of the organisation;
• With support from the Reward team, train and coach leaders and managers in the company performance management process and in overall reward. Build manager capability in the areas of establishing measurable objectives, taking appropriate reward decisions and communicating the elements of the reward package clearly and simply;
• Promote feedback mechanisms for employees and managers to influence the continuous improvement of HR services
• and processes; Actively support a culture of continuous improvement within the HR department;
• Network with colleagues internally and communities of practice externally to understand current trends an innovations in HR good practice.
• Travel between sites will be involved, candidates must have own transport and valid driving license which will involve overnight stays.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• 5-8 years of HR Management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of Saudi Local Employment Laws
• Strong command of English (verbal and written)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• 8-10 years of HR management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Advance knowledge of local employment laws.
• Higher level of Education in a related field Experience:
• Working knowledge of a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of Trade Unions
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
HR Manager - Saudi National
HR Business Partner
Irwin & Dow