Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
HR support for client group Leaders, Managers and Employees on organizational and employee matters as well as coaching, HR process expertise and other general HR Business Partnership activities.
Individuals in this category act as single point of contact for a client shop group. In-depth understanding of business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish and Impacts quality own work. Focused on execution of standard enabling activities/provision of advice subject to policy and work routines within an enabling discipline.
Roles and Responsibilities
- A first point of contact for employees & managers who provides leadership, coaching and support for individual employee needs & HR processes.
- Broadening knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline to execute functional policy/strategy; still developing functional knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework.
- Resolves issues in situations that require good knowledge and judgment within established procedures.
- Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined policy/parameters.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills.
- Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
- Provides informal guidance to new team members.
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Advice managers on the effective operation of the performance management system, through the management of staff objectives, competencies and training needs, in order that the performance and development of staff is reviewed regularly and proactively.
- This role requires basic experience in the Human Resources & HR Generalist.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources degree or similar from an accredited university
- A certification in labor law is preferable.
- 2-5 years of experience in HR or similar field.
- Should have good command on Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Arabic (essential)
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with crosses functional teams.
- Displays willingness to work in harsh environments on as needed basis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Record of achievement with a passion to achieve positive business results.
- Exposure to Matrix organizational structure in a multinational environment.
- Passion and willingness to be a partner to Blue Collar Operators.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set.
- Adaptable and open to change.
- Proactive with high level of integrity.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.