Job description / Role
HSE Director - NEOM
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a HSE Director to join our ongoing project in NEOM.
A typical week would include:
* Drive a proactive, best-in-class HSE culture and performance by developing strategies to address key HSE risks, ensure regulatory and customer compliance, and enhance personal safety, driving, and environmental performance.
* Lead and oversee the development, review, implementation, and overall governance of the HSE Management System, including policies, procedures, training, audits, and reporting requirements.
* Work closely with the Client representative and Senior Leadership team to drive the implementation of industry-leading HSE tools, programs and initiatives, and establish action plans to achieve HSE objectives and targets.
* Collaborate with management to plan and implement a safety protocol budget.
* Oversee the operations on the project and identify opportunities to improve the safety regulations.
* Perform safety audits and physically inspecting all work areas and jobsites to identify possible safety issues.
* Conduct risk assessments to minimize workplace accidents, occupational illnesses, or long-term health hazards.
* Prepare monthly or annual safety reports and presenting the information to management.
* Lead investigations of HSE-related and driving incidents (including near misses) to identify root cause(s) and implementation of effective corrective/preventive actions.
* Engage with our Clients, Contractors and Stakeholders to ensure our projects are delivered using best global practices around Health, Safety and Environment
* Promote a positive and best in class health, safety and wellbeing culture
* Responsible for managing and improving the HSE Management System in accordance with ISO 45001 and 14001 to maintain our accreditation and ensure compliance with all global and regional legislative requirements.
* Continuously challenge and review our HSE management practices to ensure our Business Management Systems reflect the needs of our stakeholders and the HSE ways of working are best designed for impact and application by our business.
* Develop and deliver health, safety, environment and wellbeing strategies for the project, including a clear focus on the needs of our people and our clients in delivery of premier health and safety services.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 25 years' experience in the field of HSE within the construction sector, with at least 10 years in a senior HSE level role working closely with leadership teams.
* At least 5 years' previous experience working in the Middle East - Essential.
* A track of successfully managing HSE matters on complex high-rise projects.
* A BSc / MSc or equivalent health and safety qualification.
* An IEMA, NEBOSH Environmental Diploma qualification or equivalent.
* Ideally, hold an internal / external auditing qualification, ISO 45001, 14001 or 9001.
* Chartered and active member of a professional body i.e. IOSH, IIRSM or SocEnv.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.