Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Health and Safety Engineer to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded across the projects, sites and office environments in compliance with local and international rules and regulations.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Manage the health, safety and environmental arrangements for the project against the WSP HSEQ Management System requirements, to ensure the protection of our people.
* Manage HSE Inspectors to ensure they are monitoring the implementation of health and safety arrangements at project site level, in accordance with legal and client requirements.
* Develop and deliver health, safety and environmental training to WSP employees including but not limited to; induction, safe working practices.
* Review and approve contractor's health, safety and environmental plans, risk assessments and method statements against legal and client requirements prior to the work being carried out.
* Plan daily morning site visits across project sites to ensure health and safety measures are in place before works begins.
* Carry out weekly joint HSE inspections with HSE Inspectors and contractor personnel and ensure all the corrective/preventive actions are closed out.
* Organise HSE meetings with clients, WSP project staff, and contractors.
* Initiate and test emergency response plans and ensure the drills are carried out as per the project schedule and performance standards.
* Ensure HSE Inspectors follow up on contractor's incident investigation reports are completed and corrective actions are identified and closed out to prevent a recurrence and provide necessary technical guidance for accident protection.
* Conduct regular site safely reviews.
* I liaise with enforcement authorities (PCFC, EHS Checks)I prepare and submit monthly HSE reports in conjunction with contractor personnel and to the client.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering or relevant subject
* Must be qualified with relevant Health and Safety Qualifications- Minimum NEBOSH IGC
* Minimum 5 years' experience in dealing with major construction projects
* Fluent in English and Arabic.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.