Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for Health and Safety Graduates to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded across the projects, sites and office environments in compliance with local and international rules and regulations.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Coordinate and assist in health, safety and environmental arrangements for the project against the WSP HSEQ Management System requirements, to ensure the protection of our people.
* Coordinate and assist HSE Inspectors to ensure they are monitoring the implementation of health and safety arrangements at project site level, in accordance with legal and client requirements.
* Implement health, safety and environmental training to WSP employees including but not limited to; induction, safe working practices.
* Plan daily morning site visits across the site to ensure health and safety measures are in place before works begins.
* Organise HSE meetings with clients, WSP project staff, and contractors.
* Initiate and test emergency response plans and ensure the drills are carried out as per the project schedule and performance standards.
* Ensure HSE Inspectors follow up on contractor's incident investigation reports are completed and corrective actions are identified and closed out to prevent a recurrence and provide necessary technical guidance for accident protection.
* Conduct regular site safely reviews.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering or relevant subject
* A qualification with relevant Health and Safety Qualifications- preferably NEBOSH IGC
* Minimum 2 years of industry experience is desirable/ Fresh Grads with health and safety qualification can also apply
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.