Job description / Role
WSP are looking for a Health and Safety Inspector to supervise health, safety and environmental practices of contractors for day to day site operations and advise the contractor safety manager/officer on any health, safety and environmental breaches.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Familiar with the approved health, safety and environmental plan and ensure compliance with this plan across the projects.
• Review the contractor’s health, safety and environmental plan and monitor compliance with the plan.
• Carry out regular visits to the site to inspect the contractor’s safety arrangements and produce reports based on the findings.
• Work in close liaison with the contractor’s supervisory staff and ensure that high standards of safety are maintained across all the work activities and the site is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
• Keep a record of any health and safety violations.
• Record the actions taken by the contractor to rectify safety defects.
• Review, respond and recommend approvals of all risk assessments and safety aspects of method statements.
• Assist line manager in producing required data and details for weekly/monthly safety reports.
• Assist in the Investigation of all accidents and dangerous occurrences and report in accordance with the client requirements and WSP procedures.
• Implement HSE performance management KPI’s for given targets and applicable audits.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Diploma in Engineering or Safety.
• Must be qualified with relevant Health and Safety Qualifications(NEBOSH)
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in dealing with major construction projects
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Field Safety Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Suez Middle East Water Services - Degremont
Health and Safety Officer
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|