Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking for an Senior HSE manager to work on a prestigious high-rise tower project based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Leading project safety through visible leadership and implementation of strategic safety initiatives throughout the professional and contractor labour forces
• Managing and reporting to senior management against mandatory safety KPIs
• Contributing to programme-wide safety strategy and interfacing with other safety and logistics stakeholders
• Developing and implementing project-specific safety plans
• Conducting inspections at site for compliance and monitoring against approved plans
• Reviewing and approving all contractor safety plans
• Receiving reports from and responding to orders issued by Department of Labour inspectors
• Serving as the link between state and local agencies and contractors
• Arranging for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants
• Verifying that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
• Enforcing safety guidelines and advocating for workplace safety at site
• Training and carrying out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
• Conducting investigations of all accidents and near-misses
• Reporting to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations
• Conducting job hazard analyses
• Managing emergency response drills
• Responding to employees’ safety concerns
• BSc in construction management
• IOSH or equivalent
• CITB scaffolding safety inspection course
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety 1
• NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
• IOSH Trainer
• Trained in first aid
• A minimum of 15 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
• Accredited to a relevant professional body such as CIOB or CMIOSH
• Experience working on high-rise projects, fit-outs, testing and commissioning and tenancy co-ordination
• Post-contract experience in handover
• Middle East experience is essential
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.