Job description / Role
• Basic function of the role is to ensure implementation of HSE management system within the country operations to maintain certification and to ensure the effectiveness of implementation to achieve HSE objectives and targets outlined in Balanced Score Card.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• HSSE and Quality Responsibilities
• Maintain standards of HSSE and comply with Company's Health, Safety, and Security & Environment Management System requirements.
• Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Responsible to implement HSSE Management System within country operations in co ordination with Regional HSSE Director, Country General Manager and Project Manager.
• Schedule and perform internal audits and carry out second party audits when required.
• Ensure HSE induction are carried for all levels of management.
• Participate in review of client complaints with Regional HSSE Manager.
• Communicate all HSE documentation involvement to the business units within the country.
• Issue and maintain MS documentation within the country operations to meet the requirements of HSE standards in co-ordination with Project HSSE Manager.
• Reporting and Communication Routes
• Preparation and submission of monthly report to Regional and Sector HSSE.
• Responsible to ensure HSE objectives are reported using the balanced score card for the country with participation from Project HSSE Manager and Regional HSSE Manager.
• Responsible for providing effective and efficient communication on project HSSE activities in co-ordination with Project HSSE Manager.
• Responsible for interface with all business units within the country to ensure HSSE function is supportive to the business unit's activities.
• Responsible to circulate all new company policies within respective management to ensure communication down the line.
• Responsible to identify significant policy change to projects with participation of Regional HSSE Manager and in co-ordination with Project Manager.
• Responsible to ensure correct communication routes are followed for horizontal and vertical communication.
• Responsible to distribute all audit(s) findings as per distribution matrix to projects and others as indicated in distribution matrix.
• Participate in review of client complaints and maintain necessary records.
• Contract review I Proposals I BD Support
• Responsible for reviewing and fulfillment of HSSE requirements of the tender documents.
• Responsible to review the signed contracts to identify the changes from the initial draft contract.
• Responsible to complete and certify HSSE information in client pre-qualification questionnaires.
• Maintain accident / incident record for on-site and off-site accidents. Report off-site accident to HR and Finance department for fulfilling necessary legal and insurance formalities.
• Lead/ Facilitate/ Participate in accident / incident investigation and reporting as necessary.
• Ensure effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Perform and co-ordinate HSSE inspections as stated in Corporate / Regional HSSE Site Inspection procedure(s).
• Advice / guide business units, project management on selection, maintenance and inventory of personal protective equipment.
• Ensure adequacy and readiness of first aid facilities and trained first aiders in office.
• Participate in assessment of subcontractors to ensure proper selection and compliance with Air Products HSSE rules and regulations by subcontractors on projects.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationship between company, clients and its subcontractors.
• Study trend analysis from accidents/incidents, audit findings and advise management on areas of improvement
• Assist Country and Corporate HSSE Manager as required.
• Review HSSE related purchase orders as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferably science/ technical based discipline.
• HSSE qualifications recognized locally or internationally e.g. OSHA, NEBOSH, BSC, IOSH,
• Industrial Safety diploma governed by respective national / state government organizations.
• Knowledge of OHSAS: 18001 & ISO: 14001
• Knowledge of local HSE regulations, client policies and procedures (added advantage)
• Computer literate - proficient in MS Office, Power point etc.
• Knowledge of internal / external auditing process. (Lead / Internal Auditor - added advantage)
• 15 years related work experience including 5 to 7 years in similar position from Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial Gas, Refinery & Construction
• Investigation skills - root cause analysis
• Report writing skills.
• Communication skills.
• Analytical skills
• Presentation skills
• Inter-personnel skills
• Knowledge of technical processes in industry
• Knowledge of client / local HSSE regulation.
• Conflict management skills
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
• Developing Relationships
• Representing Company
• Collecting Information
• Orally Informing/Investigating
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
Senior Health and Safety Manager (Facilities Management)
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||21 May|