Job description / Role
Implements the company safety policy by establishing and managing a safety program that meets or exceeds all current standards. Represents the company in all safety matters pertaining to internal and external activities. Receives assignments in terms of broad objectives from the Manager of Construction. Reviews, interprets and provides assistance on safety regulations and standards. Monitors company safety performance and conducts project safety inspections.
• Participates in the design and implementation of company safety plan.
• Assigns and provides technical supervision of safety performance, qualifications and programs.
• Reviews contractors on bid list with regard to safety performance, qualifications and programs.
• Conducts safety audits through review and analysis of performance and safety records and safety inspections of various offices and projects.
• Participates with labor relations representatives in pre-job conferences to present the company safety policy and explain implementation on the project.
• Assists insurance carriers in coordinating loss control inspections of company projects.
• Reviews loss control reports from company insurance carriers and regulatory inspection agencies and confers with appropriate management representatives on compliance with regulations and citations.
• Represents the company at national safety conferences.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mech/Elect/Structural Engineering from the Western recognized university with a minimum of 15 years of post-graduate professional HSE experience in mega projects buildings/ Residential and Infrastructure.
• Good knowledge of MEA local codes, HCIS, local rigging & lifting requirement, scaffolding systems, local best practices of sub-element of HSE systems.
• Internationally recognized Safety Certifications
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a safety manager or equivalent, in construction operations.
• Must have the ability to perform with minimum supervision and work cooperatively with Construction Department staff and contractor personnel.
• Provide professional safety support to the Construction Department as necessary during construction phases.
• Must be fluent and be able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We foster great, team-spirited collaborations
Our organization is truly a diverse community that’s open for everyone to participate in making a difference. If you want your insights and ideas to be heard and possibly enacted for your advancement and ours, you'll feel at home here. We value diversity in all its forms, and so here, you will find no limits to your professional growth. We welcome you into the process of exchanging ideas with work that is both stimulating and profitable.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
HSE Manager - Airports
|Saudi Arabia||15 Oct|
Ignite Search & Selection
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
HSE Manager - Infrastructure
MAYKS HR Consulting
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)