Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved
• Ensure that WSP health & safety and environmental policies are upheld.
• Ensure the safe operations for all works conducted on site, and project related works off-site.
• Review and comment on the contractors H&S submissions and re-submissions.
• Review and confirm actual H&S compliance and management performance of the contractor across the project to validate and track the H&S performance of the project.
• Develop and update H&S reports for the various project stakeholders.
• Prepare and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for safety performance for the various elements of work to aid in quantifying and improving H&S standards.
• Participate and lead H&S site inspections independently and as part of a joint safety tour with the Contractor and the Client's management team.
• Act as the primary interface between the Contractor's H&S and the Clients H&S management teams.
• Maintain CPD personal training incompliance with safety qualifications require by the governing body of the qualifications held.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Hold NEBOSH International General Certificate and or Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers
• Hold up to date qualifications with evidence of CPD
• Minimum 10 years of experience in management of large scale heavy civil engineering projects at senior level with marine project experience desirable.
• Speak, read and write English proficiently, Hindi & Arabic language skills would be advantageous.
What's in it for you
What if we can have work-life balance What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs What if we can be accepted for who we are Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.