Job description / Role
Arcadis is the leading global design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 28,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3 billion in revenue. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. www.arcadis.com.
• People First
• Client Success
We are looking for an HSE Manager to focus on a Mall and High-rise Hotel project in our Riyadh, KSA office.
• The HSE Manager will provide a robust Health and Safety management service across the project, from start to finish ensuring all parties are capable of contributing towards a “zero harm” safety culture.
• Provide authoritative Health and Safety advice to Resident Engineers and the site teams
• Provide guidance to enable Directors, Managers and other personnel to understand and ensure compliance with safety legislation requirements
• Manage and coordinate Safety Engineers / Inspectors
• Record, document and issue daily, weekly & monthly site safety inspections, audits and reports
• Liaise with Local Authority Safety Department, contractors and other consultants
• Review, assess and endorse all safety related submittals. (RAMS /TDP’s/HSE Plans)
• Advise on potential hazards at work sites
• Prepare and issue Safety Violation / Enforcement Notices and subsequently track and report close-out by the construction contractors
• Ensure all agreed safety standards and applicable regulations are observed
• Investigate accidents and incidents, recommend preventive and corrective action, and maintain appropriate records
• Review “Permit to Work” procedures proposed by construction contractors
• Assist in preparation and presentation of internal and external Construction related Safety Training Courses
• Conduct audits and site inspections to ensure the company’s policy and procedures, are observed, and report to Directors and Managers accordingly
• Liaise with Client and contractors on a regular basis and build relationships in parallel with maintaining compliance with formal communication routes adopted by the Supervision Consultant.
• Successful completion of a relevant Degree from a recognized Tertiary Institution
• Postgraduate HSE qualifications to Certificate level from IOSH, NEBOSH or SIA.IEMA
• Membership of an internationally recognized H&S Institute, i.e. IOSH, OSHA, SIA, IRM
• Minimum of ten (10) years postgraduate experience in construction specifically in Civil Engineering
• Must have at least 3-5 years’ experience in refurbishment and demolition of buildings or High-rise projects
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in construction safety. (Knowledge of QCS 2014)
• Possessing Safety Training experience
• Familiarity with BS and international auditing standards
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic and challenging role with international focus and we provide competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact. Given the international remit of this role and our business, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.