Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
The HSE Specialist is a key member of the HSSE team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. She / He supports the enforcement of corporate Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures in Saudi Arabia. She / HE conducts HSSE audits to ensure the compliance of departments and supervision teams with the organization’s HSSE policies and procedures. The jobholder also supports the preparation of periodic HSSE audits on Riyadh offices and supervision sites and ensures the rectification of HSSE non-conformance issues. She / He supports the delivery of HSSE training and awareness sessions to Riyadh staff, as needed.
Detailed Job Description
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively
• Support with the provision of feedback and suggestions on corporate HSSE policies and procedures to the corporate HSSE Department through periodic meetings, as needed
• Participate in the delivery of HSSE training and awareness sessions to Riyadh staff, as required
• Provide support to Riyadh’s supervision teams with the development of construction HSSE plans for supervision projects, as needed
• Support the enforcement of corporate HSSE policies and procedures in Riyadh
• Support the adaptation of corporate HSSE policies and procedures to local requirements in Riyadh, as needed
• Support the development of action plans to achieve HSSE certification targets (e.g. OHSAS 18001) in Riyadh and support Riyadh management with the implementation of these action plans, as needed
• Conduct periodic HSSE audits on the Riyadh offices and supervision sites to check the compliance of K&A departments with HSSE policies and procedures
• Identify HSSE non-conformance issues, summarize findings in periodic HSSE audit reports and recommend corrective action plans and reports for addressing identified HSSE non-conformances in Riyadh
• Support the preparation of periodic audit finding reports and HSSE performance reports, as needed
• Develop and update a database of HSSE audits and findings in Riyadh as per corporate policies, procedures and templates
• Implement corporate policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• 10+ years of experience in which 4+ years in an HSSE function, preferably in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry
• Saudi National
• Certified SOSH from Ministry of Labour
• ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor
• Knowledge of HSSE compliance requirements and audit programs is preferred
• Strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Experience with enforcement of HSSE policies, procedures and tools is preferred
• Experience with executing HSSE audits
• Experience with delivering HSSE training programs "
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).