Job description / Role
- To implement the HSEEQ policies and procedures of Enova across all the projects through conducting health, safety environment, energy and quality inspections in the assigned project/ geography and participating in risk assessments and incident investigation in order to ensure the timely and accurate identification and reporting of non-compliance against relevant policies, processes, standards, and customers’ requirements and guidelines.
- Assist the line manager in implementing techniques and other analyses, as required to assess HSEEQ risks in order to identify and prevent non-compliances that may lead to significant losses
Inspections & Internal Audit
- Perform inspections of all worksites and projects in the assigned area of operation, to ensure compliance with relevant standards, customers’ requirements, and guidelines and identify non-compliance, unsafe practices, and conditions
- Investigate all incidents in the assigned area of operations under the guidance of the Assistant Manager – HSEEQ and follow-up on the action plans as agreed by the line manager in order to ensure timely resolution of incidents
Training and Awareness
- Keep aware of the HSEEQ related policies, procedures, standards, checklists and guidelines, customers’ requirements and guidelines and ensure creating of awareness on these standards, across the Company, thus improving compliance
- Assist in the provision of training and awareness on the HSEEQ policies, procedures and guidelines, and preparation of the relevant training material, in order to ensure the creation of awareness on the related standards
Internal and External Relations
- Develop a working relationship with authorities and assist in identifying areas for service improvement
- Coordinate with the customers’ in the assigned area of operations, in order to understand their HSEEQ requirements, standards, and guidelines, and ensure they are implemented accordingly
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Statements and Reports
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate sectional statements and reports to meet and department requirements, policies, and standards.
- Prepare regular reports on non-compliances, risk and impact assessments, audits and breaches and submit it to the line manager in order to enable suitable actions to be taken
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety, and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- 5+ years of experience within HSEEQ working environment
- Diploma in HSE or equivalent
- Preferably training or professional certification such as NEBOSH
- Ability to carry out risk and incidents assessments, inspection and audit
- Database management and record-keeping skills
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Team working skills, risk management skills, high attention to detail, communication skills, analytical skills
About the Company
Enova is a joint venture created in 2002 between Majid Al Futtaim Ventures - which is the growth engine responsible for developing new businesses that complement and reinforce the Majid Al Futtaim Group leadership in its core businesses, and Veolia - the global leader in optimized resource management; designing and providing water, waste, and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries.
Enova employs over 2,000 highly trained and multi-skilled employees serving a wide portfolio of clients in the public, residential, commercial, industrial, and healthcare sectors. Enova is the leader in energy and multi-technical services, delivering comprehensive services to its clients, and was the first company in Dubai to be certified ESCO (Energy Services Company) by the RSB (Regulation & Supervision Bureau) in April 2014.