HSEQ Subject Matter Expert - Saudi Nationals Only
Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The HSE subject matter expert (SME) must be an accomplished HSE professional, who can demonstrate both technical and practical HSE expertise, across every aspect of health safety and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Must be familiar with the requirements and application of the following ISO standards;
- ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental Management System.
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 - Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 50001:2018 - Energy Management System
In addition to the above, the HSE SME must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ISO 45001:2018 - Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Collating and interpreting HSE statistics, incident trends and near miss events.
- Assigning and supporting delivery of relevant Health and Safety training to all members of staff.
- Proficient in conducting risk assessments and safety/environmental audits and inspections.
- Must be approachable and diligent, with excellent communication skills.
- NVQ - Level 5 or Batchelor Degree In Occupational Health and Safety Practices .
- Preferably a MSC In Occupational Health and Safety Practices
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC), in Construction, or Occupational Health and Safety - Essential
- Specific Health and Safety Subject Certification - (IPAF, PASMA, etc.) - Desirable
- Internal Auditor (Related ISO Standards) - Preferable
- Membership of IOSH - Preferable
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- The HSEQ Subject Matter Expert must have a minimum of 3 years HSE experience, within a Construction, Rail/Metro or Industrial Manufacturing environment - Essential.
- Must be fully conversant with all HSE regulations and legislation.
- A proven track record of safety training development and delivery.
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate a proactive and consistent approach to all Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Must have experience in managing incident investigations and incident reporting.
- Collating and interpreting HSE statistics and incident trends.
- Proficient in conducting risk assessments, hazard awareness programs and safety/environmental audits and inspections.
ADDITIONAL PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent in English - Essential
- Fluent in Arabic - Desirable
- Proven ability to create reports and analyze data - Essential
- Ability to work under pressure, reacting swiftly and efficiently to changing priorities and workloads
- Empowerment of individuals/teams, to achieve highest standards.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental compliance at all times.
- A champion of change.
- Ability to instill confidence in others through personal demonstration.
- Well organized, disciplined and self-motivated.
SNC-Lavalin Projects and O&M Services is a business unit of SNC-Lavalin Group. We provide a full range of project management, programme management, construction management, engineering services, consulting services and operation and maintenance services across the MENA region. Active in the Middle East for over 40 years, we have offices in the Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Egypt. for transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including PPP, capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance to international clients. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com/
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
o A competitive salary
o Transportation allowance
o 21 calendar days annual leave
o Medical insurance cover
o Company gratuity scheme
o Discretionary bonus scheme
o Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Get job alerts
x Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversity and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
We believe in providing everyone with an equal voice because simply put, it's the right thing to do.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).