Job description / Role
Candidate currently available in Saudi Arabia with transferable/expired Iqama need to apply.
• Administer new hire and contractor training including refresher training.
• Managing and organizing the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
• Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
• Following up with HSEQ officers to ensure work requirement is met.
• Train HSEQ officer ensuring they comply with minimum requirement level of competency.
• Outlining safe operational procedures that identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
• Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
• Ensure all operations and assessments are as per SHEMS.
• Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
• Implementation of SHEM task specific competency training.
• Develop, update, and audit SHEM policies and procedures
• Ensure continued compliance with SHEM policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Coordinate and support the HSEQ Manager and site safety audits.
• Identify potential safety issues, and recommend corrective actions as appropriate with follow up verification.
• Ensure safety records are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Perform frequent safety compliance inspections of contractor work locations
• Verify SHEM compliance for contractor equipment. Maintain records of inspection.
• Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
• Ensure incidents are investigated, reports are completed, and corrective actions are tracked.
• Provide safety support including, but not limited to: project safety, pre-job safety reviews, and safety meetings.
• Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all legislations and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
• Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
• Ensuring the safe installation of equipment.
• Managing and organizing the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos.
• Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
• Ensure that workplaces conform to organizational procedures and safety standards.
• Work with engineers and other professionals to ensure the safety of worksites and work practices.
• Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets), is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
• Ensure dangerous materials are correctly stored.
• Working closely with operational managers to ensuring safe operation are applied.
• Record and report hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the workplace.
• Assist with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action.
• Coordinate emergency procedures, mine rescues, firefighting and first aid crews.
• Assists with any task required by management with approval from direct supervisor.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
• Report suspicious and unacceptable behavior.
• Must Have: Nebosh or SAMTRAC Certificate ISO 45001: OHSAS: ISO14001: SO9001:2015
• Wish: University Degree/Higher Diploma or other related courses.
• Experience in the same function of not less than 3/5 years.
• Strong background on legal matters governing safety.
• Strong knowledge in Quality Management System, QMS, SMS, EMS, and OHSAS.
• Ability to resolve conflicting workloads.
• Ability to learn continuously about new technologies and policies/procedures in order to maintain total regulatory safety compliance
• In depth OSHA certified knowledge of safety and ability to direct all personnel on company property in the proper safety procedures.
• Computer skills with the ability to utilize email
About the Company
Incepted in 1978, G. Gheewala Human Resources Consultants has trod the most innovative and strategic path in making human resource more customized to the needs of various industries. Nevertheless, focusing also on the career prospects of candidates.
Being India's leading government recognized manpower consultant, G. Gheewala has become the ideal choice of leading companies who wish to recruit professional human resources from India.
Small wonder, the company has been recognized as the most resourceful entity in manpower consultancy across various industries with multiple candidate profiles. G. Gheewala has provided its recruiting Service since decade to a large spectrum of reputed companies abroad by ensuring competent and reliable personnel to suit their job requirements.