Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HVAC / Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to work in the Al-Khobar office
- Have an understanding of the project scope of work, budget, and schedule, particularly as it applies to HVAC / Plumbing and Building Services Design.
- Responsible for developing layouts, schedule and control schemes as applicable to Project.
- Responsible to perform HVAC Calculations using computer software such as Elite & HAP.
- Responsible to perform pump head & Duct pressure drop calculations.
- Responsible for preparing HVAC design criteria and familiarity with ASHRAE and international standards.
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings such as HVAC & Plumbing Layouts and documents such as HVAC / Plumbing and all related material and equipment specifications.
- Responsible for Material Take off for HVAC systems and Plumbing Systems.
- Responsible for safe, technically accurate and cost-effective designs and deliverables for refineries, chemical plants, Petro-chemical plants, offshore installations, and oil and gas production facilities
- Responsible for compliance with applicable specifications and standards
- Ensure coordination with other in-house departments.
- Perform review of relevant vendor information regarding equipment selection.
- Incorporate Wood Al-Hejailan procedures and standards into design as applicable
- Responsible for the identification of training needs and training in junior engineers
- Assists in the development of disciline project documentation and design data records
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years' minimum experience in design
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Familiarity with quality control systems in engineering design
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Awareness of applicable codes and standards (ASHRAE, IMC and IPC)
- Working Knowledge of Windows file management, Microsoft Office and Outlook, Microstation and AutoCAD, Autodesk REVIT, and Navisworks
- Have experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as a specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.