Job description / Role
IBM Expert Labs is the professional services division of IBM software group.
In IBM Expert labs a software integration consultant works to understand the needs of our customers and then create high-quality solutions that have a meaningful impact. Using IBM integration software, you will be responsible for requirement gathering, design, implementation, configuration, building, tune and testing of IBM software solutions that solve Customer's business problems.
Customers trust IBM Expert Labs Consultants. We are professional service consultants and experts in IBM Integration technologies, Business Automation and AI Ops Software, we consistently deliver high-quality, high-value solutions. We are looking for collaborative consultants, passionate about technology and want to make customers successful with IBM Software. As an Integration Consultant, you will use your technical expertise and previous experience to shape solutions and ensure delivery success. You will work closely with sales and customers to design high-value solutions, establishing long-lasting, trusting relationships that grow Expert Labs.
You will have the opportunity to work with small and large customers across a breadth of industries. You will have access to exciting learning opportunities and strong ties with the IBM Technology labs.
If you are enthusiastic about leading customers to achieve their business goals through automation, integration and modernisation of their IT landscape, IBM Expert Labs is the place to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be a technical authority in IBM Business Integration technologies and ensure customer delivery projects are a success.
- To convert business requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the customer's solution.
- To support project management and stakeholders around the successful execution of design, development, and deployment tasks on project engagements.
- Help set and manage clients' expectations to ensure that all customers are delighted with Expert Labs and successful with IBM software.
- Keep technical skills and industry knowledge up to date with the latest developments and customer trends.
- Act as a mentor/coach to help and grow others within Expert Labs.
- Be a recognised leader in IBM integration technologies.
- Support IBM sellers in identifying, scoping, estimating, and creating solution proposals for customers.
- Constantly look to generate new business by identifying opportunities in existing accounts.
- Works collaboratively as a key member of the technical leadership team to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Be an active member of the integration community and contribute articles, demos, lessons learnt and best practice.
- Identify new technology services and product sales opportunities for Expert Labs.
- Provides strategic advice on technology, feeding back into sales and product development.
- Identify and assist in the leveraging of new, potential areas of technology and/or industry which should be of interest to Expert Labs which will generate revenue.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills through professional preparation and presentation in all dealings with colleagues and customers.
- Be aware and willing to coach both internal and external stakeholders around key developments in Integration.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrative experience in designing, developing, configuring, and using IBM integration software in a professional services, consulting, or customer environment.
- Certification in CP4I (IBM Cloud Pak for Integration) and at least one of the following software products: ACE, MQ, DataPower or APIC.
- OpenShift administration skills.
- Written ACE + MQ High Level and Low-Level designs:
- Securing ACE and ACE message flows
- Securing message delivery in MQ (AMS)
- Of ACE + MQ container configuration and CI/CD
- Of ACE application design and pattern building
- Implementing high availability in MQ (multi-instance, RDQM, Native-HA)
- Implementing MQ Clustering techniques
- Using F5 routing for MQ + ACE traffic
- Using LDAP in ACE + MQ
- In building message flows, applications, libraries, and policies
- Version migrations in MQ and ACE administration
- Building Highly Available systems both on-premise and on Cloud
- Designing systems for Disaster Recovery
- Creating REST and SOAP Services and APIs
- Using XML, YAML, JSON knowledge of ACE + MQ container application deployment best practices (Agile Integration Architecture).
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring in ACE + MQ.
- Knowledgeable of benefits and constraints of containers vs non-containerised deployments.
- Knowledgeable of benefits and constraints of Cloud vs on-prem deployments.
- Knowledge of ACE + MQ deployment in CP4I.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advise solution design for exposing services in DataPower covering service exposure, throttling, rate limiting, onboarding, and security including OAuth, JWT, etc. Specific focus on REST/JSON but not limited to this interface.
- Provide migration strategy for future API solutions e.g. API Connect.
- Detail solution benefits and considerations regarding API exposure, security and orchestration.
- Integration of DataPower with ACE and MQ.
- Publish desired interfaces as part of the wider service exposure piece including JSON-based REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Provide data design for cross-interface communication.
- Provide best practices for data transformation at the gateway layer.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Swagger and WSDL + ACE deployment.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.