IBM Quantum Sales Executive - EMEA
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
IBM Quantum is the global leader in construction and deployment of universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science. The IBM Quantum team is focused on advancing the entire quantum computing technology stack and exploring applications to make quantum broadly usable and accessible. With a worldwide network of Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, researchers, educators, and enthusiasts, we are committed to driving innovation for our clients in the IBM Quantum Network and the Qiskit Community.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The IBM Quantum Client Sales Executive (CSE) is responsible for the identification, qualification, progression, and execution of our quantum computing offerings which includes:
i. Cloud access to our quantum systems
ii. Consulting services on quantum education and proof of concept development
iii. Establishing quantum innovation centers
iv. Quantum safe security offering
Success for this role is measured on new agreement signings and income generated for IBM Quantum. The expectation is that the CSE will drive from single digit to double digit millions of dollars in IBM Quantum signings and new income from those signings.
The IBM Quantum CSE forges and sustains successful strategic partnerships with access and development partners (collectively, "clients"), gaining client's attention and trust, identifying urgency and compelling reason to act, and overcoming all internal and external challenges to successfully executive win-win contracts. This includes identifying the quantum champion at the client, engaging the appropriate client C-level decision makers, forming an appropriate business model for the relationship, developing, and negotiating a set of business terms, and ultimately, the creation and signing of a definitive agreement between parties. The CSE will craft new IBM Quantum focus engagements, including defining the technical differentiation, value proposition, and ideal partners for each new effort.
Role responsibilities include:
- Present client value proposition, gain client consensus and drive opportunities
- Provide subject-matter-expertise related to assigned and new IBM Quantum engagements
- Lead and / or participate in client-facing sales meetings and own the sales responsibilities for the meeting
- Develop and deliver client facing sales presentations at Executive C-Suite level
- Partner with the IBM Technology and Consulting client team leaders to drive new IBM Quantum opportunities at targeted clients
- Develop and maintain a qualified long-term sales pipeline, executing agreements consistently against that pipeline
- Team with IBM Quantum Technical Ambassadors and IBM Quantum Technical Services to ensure our clients comprehend IBM's world leading quantum technical expertise available to help clients engage successfully in quantum computing.
- Successfully drive IBM Quantum agreements to closure.
Candidate will have demonstrated sales experience with C- and SVP-level clients, the ability to present business cases and value propositions for emerging technologies that resonate with business oriented and technology leaders, program management experience, a technical background and strong business acumen. They will embrace the opportunity to deeply understand IBM's quantum computing technology and will have the opportunity to do so quickly through the IBM Quantum Ambassador training. They can lead, manage and motivate a deal team over whom they do not have organizational control. For example, it will be necessary to work with many groups across IBM, for example, Finance, Contracts, Legal, Export, Tax, IBM Client teams as well as the IBM Quantum team members, to move a deal from initiation to execution. CSE candidates should have experience in consultative selling, building client relationships, leading sales efforts, leading meetings, and delivering presentations. Client Sales Executives are expected to perform a variety of tasks, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
At IBM Quantum, we are leading a new era of computing. This CSE role will require initiative and aggressive engagement with the thought leaders of corporations, universities, and governments. We are committed to change the way the world works by engaging with our clients to help them in their research to develop solutions for problems that were previously considered unsolvable even on today's most advanced super computers. We are looking for strong, enthusiastic, and motivated technical sales leaders to join us in this effort.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Education background in quantum relevant STEM fields including (physics, chemistry, electrical engineering and advanced mathematics including linear algebra)
- At least 5 years' experience in a sales role, including pipeline generation
- Track record of achieving individual sales quota of $5M+ annually
- Strong sales negotiation, relationship building and relationship management skills
- Confident and influential interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present to individuals and groups at all levels.
- Executive presence
- Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical Sales experience with research or pre-commercial assets, especially in 1) cloud technologies, 2) joint development engagements, 3) quantum computing software, and 4) advisory services for emerging technologies
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property Licensing
- 8+ years' experience in Consultative Selling
- 8+ years' experience in technical Sales
- 5+ years providing direct technical presales
- Experience building business cases for emerging technologies
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.