Job description / Role
ICQA Operations Manager, Inventory Control and Quality Assurance
Do you have a Bias for Action?
Would you like to be part of an innovative, fast-paced and motivated team?
We’re glad to hear it.
Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, which is why we keep a close eye on all processes in our Fulfilment Centers. Our Fulfilment Centers are at the heart of Amazon’s world-class and rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented leader to join our Inventory Control and Quality Assurance team. We’ll need you to ensure that we continue delivering as reliably as ever to our customers, with all teams maintaining their performance and quality of service.
When working on Inventory Control (IC), you’ll carry out extensive analysis and research, as you come to understand and correct any vacancies in our inventory.
The other significant portion of your time will be devoted to Quality Assurance (QA). In this line of responsibility, you’ll proactively audit team efficiency. For example: how closely everyone in your Fulfilment Centre is adhering to agreed processes, while highlighting any discrepancies.
· Managing the site-based Inventory Control and Quality Assurance team,
· You’ll maintain Health and Safety standards within your sphere of influence, actively promoting a positive Health and Safety culture on-site,
· Monitor KPIs regarding accuracy and integrity of Quality and Inventory transactions; then, you’ll provide feedback to Operations where necessary,
· Review and analyse customer defect data, while developing corresponding action plans to reduce and eliminate causes of any issues,
· On a daily, weekly and monthly basis: develop and execute action plans for increasing quality, inventory accuracy and service satisfaction,
· Partner with Management in the communication of Inventory Control and Quality Assurance policies and procedures: you’ll keep an eye on compliance in your Fulfilment Centre,
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s wider policies and procedures, including:
· Interviewing and training both exempt and non-exempt employees,
· Assuming accountability for setting and meeting operational goals,
· Planning and forecasting,
· Assigning and directing work and employee deliverables,
· Performance appraisal of team members,
· Rewarding and disciplining employees where appropriate.
· To build up an understanding of Fulfilment Centre inventory systems and processes, and to provide assistance and expertise for problem-solving wherever you can.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university,
· Highly proficient in English, both spoken and written.
· Previous Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Management experience,
· Experience with WMS Systems,
· Experience in organizing large amounts of data,
· Relevant experience in using of the entire MS Office suite, such as Excel,
· Relevant experience as a department manager, leading a group of lower level manager & associates,
· Relevant professional experience in finance and accounting functions,
· Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
· Relevant experience communicating with and presenting to senior leadership
· Professional experience interpreting and communicating analytics
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to motivate a team
· You’re APICS certified,
· Experience with Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
· MS Access experience
· Leadership Principle experience such as Hire & Develop the Best
About the Company
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.