Job description / Role
About the ICT Engineer position
We are looking for an ICT Engineer to install and maintain our computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality and optimizing the role of technology in our business sustainability. Your duties will also include support for users of the systems and ensuring appropriate and safe performance of our IT infrastructure.
You should have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. We also expect you to have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
ICT Engineer responsibilities are
• Install and manage workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices, such as routers, printers and so on
• Monitor computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure its normal performance
• Build and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
• Oversee security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Support users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
• Schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
• Detect, diagnose and troubleshoot to problems, related to hardware, software or organizational activities
• Keep records and logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
• Detect computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
• 5+ years' experience of working on an ICT or other relevant position
• Solid experience of working with diverse computer systems and networks
• In-depth knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Strong communication, organizational and time-management skills
• Degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant area
• Certification as ICT, such as e.g. CompTIA A+ or Microsoft Certified IT Professional, will be a bonus
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Senior System Support
Ebttikar Technology Company
Lindner Middle East
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)