Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible for acting as the technical subject matter expertise to the IFRS17 Standard, manage the coordination with consultant, technical discussions & assessments and drive appropriate actions for meeting the financial and business objectives on the adoption of IFRS17 Standard. Ensure compliance with the IFRS17 Standard and local accounting policies
• Leading insurance company in Saudi Arabia
• High level involvement in actuarial valuation, from data validation till running the models and validating the results;
• Working experience of financial modelling, control cycle and validation;
• Capital modelling, RBC or solvency II would be PLUS;
• Fully understand governance related requirements and capable of implementing process and procedures including documentation;
• Well averse with internationally recognized actuarial software;
• Advanced level of understanding/involvement in the preparation of financials;
• Understanding of IFRS 17 and its implications on insurance companies;
• Forecasting IFRS 17 financial metrics by building business plan models;
• Product development;
• Ability to test the systems and resolving defects identified;
• Be the subject matter expertise to the principles of IFRS 17 standard.
• Lead the technical discussions, carry out certain analysis in coordination with consultant and provide value-added insight to management regarding financial and operational implications of IFRS 17.
• Ensure compliance with IFRS 17 standard and accounting policies.
• Advise new products and features in view of IFRS 17 implications.
• Lead the team and engage with consultant to carry out model enhancements, CSM module development.
• Work closely with consultants to ensure that all deliverables are in line with the requirements and all deadlines are met.
• Provide technical support/internal consultancy to other departments of the Company like Finance, Risk and IT.
• Set out framework for future Management Information Reporting.
• Ensure the continuation of IFRS 17 framework after implementation phase.
• Impart IFRS 17 related trainings to junior staff of actuarial and finance department.
• Salary + benefits
• The role holder is responsible for acting as the technical subject matter expertise to the IFRS17 Standard, manage the coordination with consultant, technical discussions & assessments and drive appropriate actions for meeting the financial and business objectives on the adoption of IFRS17 Standard.
• Ensure compliance with the IFRS17 Standard and local accounting policies. Actuary more than 8 years of working experience in actuarial department
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.