Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Internal Tax team provides internal services related to financial services, treasury and taxation. As part of our team, you'll help the team provide a full range of taxation services to PwC related to complex financial reporting, cost management, tax planning, investment management and transaction processing.
The Firm Tax team is a part of the PwC Middle East Group's OneFinance function. The team supports on all levels of the firm's tax activity and is organized into three (3) subfunctions: Compliance & Audit; Governance & Risk; and Legal & Advisory. This role is intended to support the Governance & Risk subfunction.
The ME Tax Governance & Risk Manager's role is comprised of the following:
- Manage the ME Group's compliance requirements as relates to ME and non-ME governance & risk matters;
- Manage the monthly tax provision process for the ME Group, including oversight of tax balances and costs;
- Prepare the ME Group's periodic tax reporting requirements;
- Escalate material risk or compliance issues to the ME Tax Governance & Risk Subfunction Leader &/or Firm Tax Leader;
- Contribute to tax optimisation projects;
- Contribute to upholding the tax governance of the ME Group in accordance with the Tax Code of Conduct;
- Contribute to managing and mitigating tax risks of the ME Group in accordance with the Tax Code of Conduct; and
- Supervise and provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Manage the ME Group's tax governance & risk based compliance process, including:
- Prepare the ME Group's tax compliance and regulatory reporting documentation, including:
- Country by Country Reporting (CbCR);
- Economic Substance Reporting (ESR);
- United States compliance & reporting (FATCA, annual returns, WFP requirements);
- Other non-ME compliance & regulatory requirements;
- Transfer Pricing.
- Prepare the monthly tax provision calculations for the ME Group and actively manage tax balances and costs including providing value add insight into balances and costs;
- Prepare the ME Group's monthly tax reports including insight into KPIs, balances and costs across all taxes;
- Provide support on the audit requirements of the ME Group including tax aspects of external statutory audits as well as managing Tax Authority audits (all taxes) with relevant local jurisdictions;
- Provide guidance and support on tax governance & risk projects such as automation requirements, costing validations, tax effectiveness and efficiency improvements;
- Provide guidance and support on tax optimisation and tax savings projects;
- Provide guidance and support in managing tax compliance risks across the ME Group, escalating to the subfunction lead &/or ME Firm Tax Leader where material;
- Provide guidance to and supervision of junior members of the team and facilitate country tax specialist support where applicable;
- Ensure submission deadlines are adhered to.
- Work with the sub function lead and ME Firm Tax Leader and other relevant business stakeholders to develop and implement tax efficient structuring of company operations across the ME Group, ensuring local (country specific) laws are adhered to.
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and solve complex tax challenges.
- Refine tax policy and procedure documentation and ensure proper implementation and adherence across the ME Group.
- Develop strong working relationships and interface with all stakeholders across the ME Group.
- Conduct internal tax related training across the ME Group.
- Be actively involved in and a positive influence on team recruiting, development, training and retention.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- BA/BS in finance or accounting; CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in taxation, preferably with a professional services firm (Big 4), with an exposure to the ME region taxation, and with supervisory experience and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to many levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively internally and externally (with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers etc.).
- Time management skills and ability to meet taxation deadlines and resolve urgent issues with auditors.
- Consulting skills in order to analyze reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage a team.
- High level of understanding across a broad range of tax related matters including compliance and corporate tax optimization.
- High level of analytical and quantitative ability required to perform complex financial structuring and accounting and ad hoc reporting functions, including proficiency with computer-based modelling and analytic techniques.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.