Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. We have an unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy, through Advisory and Consulting to Legal, Tax and Assurance Services, underpinned by the standout digital platform in the region.
One Firm: Transforming our region.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems.
In an increasingly complex world, we help intricate systems function, adapt and evolve so they can benefit communities and society - whether they are capital markets, tax systems or the economic systems within which business and society exist. We help our clients to make informed decisions and operate effectively within them.
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients.
You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Technical Infrastructure and Transformation team assists PwC with information technology transformation efforts, helping us to improve our business value through optimizing our information technology capabilities. You'll help PwC understand, plan for, and realize strategic business
opportunities in information technology.
The role required a dynamic IT professional with extensive experience in managing planning, budgeting, patching, updating, monitoring, maintaining and support IT Operations / infrastructure and data centers) related services / software and equipment.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Implement, and ensure delivery of all current and future infrastructure and data centers projects, and business cases.
- Implement and manage current and future infrastructure and data centers related projects, and ensure delivery of project deliverables and milestones, with agreed on time and quality.
- Identify, implement and manage infrastructure and data centers projects changes, issues and risks, and escalate them as necessary.
- Reporting as necessary for business and IT Infrastructure leads on projects / solutions implementation progress.
- Monitor performance of Data centers components and manage / escalate issues and risks to the management as necessary.
- Design, configure and deploy infrastructure solutions, in addition to develop associated solutions cost to build, operate and maintain.
- Plan, implement and ensure delivery of infrastructure and data centers configuration, changes, releases, incidents and updates.
- Plan and ensure that the capacity of technology infrastructure including backups can deliver the agreed- on service level in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Monitor and supervise the daily operations of the core infrastructure, Backup management, procurement management, data centers patching and equipment management.
- Ensure that all Operations, infrastructure and data centers services are available and meet the agreed-on service level.
- Response and implement the requests for changes to the Infrastructure production environment to minimize the risks of service disruptions, in addition to manage and control the implementation of approved changes.
- Build and maintain continuous dialogue with business partners and other technology functions to support effective collaboration and team coordination.
- Coordinate with other technology functions, to deliver the projects agreed on requirements and services.
- Contribute in developing of function processes and ensure of implementation of related processes and standards.
- Plan and execute in depth technical activity, influencing the direction of activities/plans and providing technical insight and guidance to others.
- Investigate and help resolve issues on customer's network and IT estates using agreed troubleshooting methodologies.
- Manage support cases to enable fast resolution that exceeds our customers' expectations.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all cases using the Company's ticket management tool and closing within agreed timeframes.
- Maintaining the records and using the central document repository, to ensure knowledge sharing across the team and enable best practice.
- Coordination with regional and global technology teams in operational and project-based tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships to understand client requirements.
- Ability to deliver against deadlines and agreed targets.
- Coordination with the vendors and ISPs.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities Requirements:
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. He will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high-quality output.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols.
- Deep understanding of Network Fundamentals: OSI & TCP/IP models, TCP/UDP, IPv4/IPv6, Network Components (Router, Switch, Bridge, WAP/WLC), Network Design and Cabling standards.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Cisco Switching Technologies.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Cisco Routing Technologies.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools. SolarWinds is preferred.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Cisco Technologies (VSS, VPC, SWV, HSRP).
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Switches and Routers recoveries and upgrades.
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies like SD- WAN, FWaaS, PaaS, SaaS is preferred.
- Good understanding of VPN, IPSec, Firewalls, Radius Authentication, ISE Authentication.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki Cloud and Cisco Wireless Solution is preferred.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex network environments.
- Experience of using ticketing systems and use of monitoring and management tools.
- Supporting and taking ownership of ad-hoc projects.
- IT Infrastructure design, implementation, management and support.
- Data center operations.
- Configuration, management and support (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO…etc.)
- Backup operation implementation and support.
- Windows Server 2012/2016 management and support.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Data Centers, IT infrastructure, and IT Operations implementation, and support with direct interaction with business users, preferably within a professional services environment.
- 5+ years if relent experience in Enterprise Network Technologies
- Knowledge in (Project Management methodologies).
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to priorities workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Customer Obsession
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Information Technology.
Qualifications: The following qualification(s) are required / preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role:
- MCSE - Required
- CCNA - Required
- CCNP/CCIE - Preferred
- AWS/Azure certifications - Preferred
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to re-locate within the Middle East where the role dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.