In Room Dining Supervisor
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
In Room Dining Supervisor
Passionate about guest interaction, food and beverage? As an In Room Dining Supervisor, you are expected to uplift the dining experience for guests. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we'd like to meet you.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the In Room Dining Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service.
- Supervise and delegate duties; Ensure brand standards are maintained.
- Liaise with kitchen to ensure the highest standard of food quality and visual appeal.
- Ensure an overall smooth operation throughout your outlet.
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions, menu items and preparation methods.
- Provide motivation and support to all team members.
- Check on employees' discipline, grooming standards and punctuality
- Ensure that operating equipment is maintained and service and storage areas are kept safe and clean.
- Help minimize waste, neglect, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Carry out light cleaning and maintenance of the pantry area
- Monitor quality of food and beverage products in every order
- Help manage employees' performance appraisals and performance logs
- Provide support to your outlet management team as required.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Understand shift end reports in the outlet and the POS system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset.
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.