Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer-term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
To ensure that all daily revenues that should be received by the hotel have been received and properly recorded in accordance with Hyatt policies & procedures and local regulations. Audit the work of the night audit, front office and the food & beverage cashiers. To assist the Chief Accountant/Assistant Director of Finance in all stages within the income audit function leading to the preparation of all monthly financial reports and analysis in a timely and accurate manner. Under the manual for this position, to maintain and update it as required.
Note: In the Income Auditor's monitoring and checking functions, he/she has full authority to issue directives (after approval by the Assistant Director of Finance/Resident Director of Finance) in areas as stated below:
- Procedures for cashiering
- Handling of cash float
- Check for overages and shortages
- Duty roster for cashiers
More detailed duties and responsibilities are listed attached in form of a checklist and are not meant to be complete. Local legislation and requirements may ask for adaptation and amendments. To fulfil the duties the jobholder is given the relevant authority to reach the goals by the General Manager of the Hotel operation
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing smart attire according to the Hotel's dress codes and nametag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the department and all other departments.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings, Departmental and Hotel Training scheduled, and other related activities.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Accountant/Resident Director of Finance/Director of Finance.
- To respond to any changes in the office function as dictated by the hotel.
- Respond to any changes in the Accounting & Finance function as dictated by the hotel or Hyatt International.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Be discreet, keep observations confidential and report to the Resident Director of Finance or Director of Finance.
- Have a complete understanding of the Accounts Receivable Section in the Operations Manual, policies & procedures.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following MHR Standards of Performance and Objectives set in the Hotel's Mission Statement.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks required for the position.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the departments / Divisions of the Hotel as assigned.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To set up a systematic and efficient filling system, both for hard files as well as all electronic data, that enables quick retrieval. Ensure all files are kept up to date at all times.
- To be proficient with all computer software used in the Finance Division Office.
- To courteously handle all in-coming telephone calls or enquiries.
- To ensure that the Place of Work is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To set up an efficient network of communication within the department and with other departments.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adheres to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations and the hotel's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Provide an effective auditing system for all hotel revenues and receipts.
- Provide a summary of the revenues required by various people in the Finance and Accounting Department to prepare daily and monthly reports.
- Provide Heads of Departments with the revenue figures necessary for them to operate their individual profit center profitably.
- Provide a system of monitoring the data input by operation level personnel.
- Bring to the attention of Assistant Director of Finance/Resident Director of Finance any irregularities in the revenue postings as soon as these are known.
- Audit charges to city ledger and credit card companies before forwarding them to the accounts receivable section.
- Audit daily rooms, food & beverage revenue summaries and their supporting transaction reports from the nigh audit process.
- Audit telephone revenue.
- Audit revenues from other operated departments such as laundry, spa and business center.
- Ensure that all of the day's banquet revenue has been recorded by checking against the function orders.
- Verify supports for complimentary and house use rooms and or room charged at rates varying from the rack potential.
- Spot check the accuracy of "regular" and "contractual" room rates in the system.
- Verify computer reports for occupied rooms against the Housekeeping report and to prepare the room status variance report to be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Finance/Resident Director of Finance.
- Review all house use and entertainment checks for propriety and to ensure that they are signed and authorized.
- Check the accuracy of all outlet price set-ups in the system.
- Set-up "meal coupon rate table" and to reconcile the daily posting of all the meal coupon transactions and to adjust daily for any wrong posting (breakfast vouchers).
- Audit all food & beverage outlet checks and front office postings for "Negative Check Lines" the explanation and approval by Outlet Managers (or delegated personnel).
- Audit the "List of Voided Restaurant Checks" for proper approvals and explanation.
- Audit the daily general cashier's report against recorded cash movements.
- Verify that the computerized daily report reflects completely all of the day's transactions.
- Check the sequential use of all pre-numbered forms and checks, such as food & beverage checks, business center checks, spa membership card and foreign exchange vouchers, official receipts.
- Investigate any missing or irregular forms.
- Review guest ledger balances daily and research questionable movements.
- Investigate late charges and skippers.
- Ensure that all employees' city ledger accounts are closed at month end.
- Carry out surprise checks of rooms, spa and laundry areas.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance/Resident Director of Finance in surprise cash counts of cashier's floats, other house funds and foreign currencies.
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries and schedules related to rooms and food & beverage transactions.
- Daily verification of night audit work: Rebates and allowance, paid-outs, corrections/adjustments/transfers.
- Maintain organized files of all pertinent income audit records.
- Assist in the training of subordinates as part of the effort to build an efficient team and to take an active interest in their individual development and welfare.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as dictated by unexpected Business levels.
Job Description for Income Auditor will include above essential functions but will not be limited to the functions listed above.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.