Job description / Role
Hotel Overview: Swissôtel Living Jeddah is Located in Jeddah, 4 km from Jeddah Mall, Swissotel Living Jeddah has accommodations with an outdoor swimming pool, free private parking, a fitness center and a restaurant. Each room at the 5-star hotel has city views, and guests can enjoy access to a sauna and a hot tub. The property provides a 24-hour front desk, airport transportation, room service and free Wi-Fi.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Senior Accountant , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Balance and audit all Front Office postings and settlements.
- Verify that all departments have posted all their revenues.
- Verify, monitor and review all hotel reports and night audit reports.
- Responsible for month-end deadlines and schedules.
- Reply to the Credit Card Charge Backs from Network International and
- American Express and response to all Credit Card inquiries.
- Reconcile Credit Card Commissions on a daily basis.
- Reconcile the food and beverage point of sale system, for each outlet, to the PMS system and where necessary, record and adjust entries.
- Monitor front office rebates. Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management
- System and ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
- Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate back-up information.
- Prepare "daily operational package" that is routed to GM, Controller, F&B Director, & Revenue Director.
- Follow-up and report any notes raised by any signatories.
- Assist with month-end closing and subsequent analysis of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts as directed by the Accountant.
- Prepare month end Income journal entries, according to the policy and using standard templates
- Assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts.
- Report any problems or discrepancies to the Audit Supervisor/Accountant on a daily basis.
- Complete various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program an asset
- Familiarity with financial system and Microsoft Office, computer literate in Fidelio, PMS, Reporting System and Excel
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Able to type 25 words per minute
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.