Job description / Role
During your tenure as a Manager in Indirect Tax, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Applies knowledge of current tax and proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
• Strong focusing on the Financial Services industry
• Develops a network of internal and external contacts within the organization to facilitate sharing/retrieving of information; encourages others to make organizational knowledge more productive
• Guides team in applying service line-specific, Global Tax and Legal, and firmwide agreed standard methodologies, policies, procedures, and tools
• Defines the scope of research activities; ensuring data and documents from client/competent authority/regulators is comprehensive and supports the research focus
• Analyzes and reviews data and uses team’s analysis to spot inconsistencies, discrepancies, and omissions in data
• Improves work efficiency, effectiveness, and client service by using common technology tools
• Uses advanced software application functions and tools to produce and review high quality deliverables in a timely manner and guides others to do so
• Designs, proposes, and works with clients to implement planning strategies that are consistent with clients’ strategic goals
• Understands the rights and obligations of taxpayers and tax authorities.
• Demonstrates VAT and GST subject matter specialty, understands applicable laws, management, and obligations, and can apply professional and industry guidance to advise clients
• Applies knowledge of current customs laws, proposed laws, their implications and understands the interaction of customs and global trade laws with non-customs and global trade disciplines
• Implements processes and identifies sustainable planning opportunities to help clients mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realize business goals
• Effectively implements new actions and procedures with clients in line with customs and global trade laws
• Seeks opportunities to market products/services developed within global VAT/GST/CGT
• Positions global VAT/GST/CGT products/services within industry and integrated service offering Positions products and services developed by industry service offering
• 6+ years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years focused on international, regional and national taxation.
• Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
• In-depth, first-hand experience of a wide range of industries
• Extensive consulting and compliance experience.
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills.
• In-depth knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations.
• Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing).
• Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity