Job description / Role
During your tenure as a Senior Manager in Indirect Tax, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Provides the clients with an expertise in the current tax legislation, proposed or pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Indirect Tax function
• Applies recent developments and changes relating to relevant tax practices, rules and regulations to the client’s business
• Acts as a trusted independent advisor by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice
• Assesses risks and identifies market opportunities in client projects based on knowledge of global and local quality control processes and risk procedures
• Recommends new and innovative approaches to analyze data and solves problems to help draw meaningful conclusions
• Stays current on emerging technologies, standards, and applications in order to address current/potential business opportunities and client issues
• Assists in developing and enhancing new or existing methodologies and approaches
• Advises clients on relevant tax processes and opportunities to help mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realize business goals
• Identifies restructuring opportunities or opportunities to recover VAT/GST
• Determines strategy and provides guidance on approaching the authorities
• Handles negotiation of disputes and audits and reviews complex issues; suggests meetings to discuss strategy, displays awareness of national and international issues
• Ensures uniform application of comprehensive transaction tax legislation to clients
• Acts as subject matter expert to lead and advise on technical and legal procedural discussions with clients and authorities
• Applies in-depth knowledge of complex international and domestic laws to provide strategic solutions to clients' customs and global trade planning efforts
• Reviews and finalizes client deliverables detailing business and technical findings and solutions
• Provides management and guidance on technical aspects and updates including checks and ensures to be exercised in delivering compliance work
• Incorporates in-depth knowledge of VAT/GST/CGT laws and jurisprudence into client sales opportunities
• Contributes to discussions at the highest level regarding processes and products/service offerings which can be standardized for the global VAT/GST/CGT service line.
• 8+ years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years focused on international, regional and national taxation.
• Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
• In-depth, first-hand experience of a wide range of industries
• Extensive consulting and compliance experience.
• Experience with inbound and outbound international tax is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations.
• Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Big Fish Recruitment
Indirect Tax Manager
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Zimmo Trading Company