Job description / Role
Our indirect Tax professionals help clients to manage their indirect tax compliance obligations, to identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals.
Our indirect tax professionals provide pragmatic commercial help, so clients improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly. They advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impinge on the client's supply chain and financial and accounting systems
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY's specialist Indirect Tax team. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the country. We will provide you with an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, working across the country. You will have an opportunity to work with both clients and all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network.
Your key responsibilities:
Your people responsibilities:
- You must be an enthusiastic manager with the ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams & ensure delivery of quality work and take day-to-day leadership of delivery team.
- You are also expected to help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff & have a significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations as well as through managing junior staff development and assignments.
Your client responsibilities:
- You should build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service.
- You must possess business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work by proactively managing existing clients Overall responsibility of quality of client service.
- You will be managing possible leads from other areas of the practice & building networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from.
- You will also contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm.
Skills and attributes for success:
- You must be client driven, strategically and commercially aware as well as an excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- You must also be enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work.
- You should also possess project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget.
- You are also expected to have good negotiation skills, ability to sustain opinion and handle challenge, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines as well as effective time management skills.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Basic understanding of accounting principles such as journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
- Extensive tax experience with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
- Customs duty advisory experience is preferable but we will also consider candidates with VAT/GST advisory experience
Ideally, you'll also have:
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA ; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or Law qualification. CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Ability to build strong client relationships.
What we look for
We're interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We're not just looking for technical knowledge experience - we're after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you're a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, you get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region